Post Processing

Guest Avinashgogineni

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hi, I am Avinash, I have ASCII code in EXCEL file with huge data like 60000rows and 9columns. We need to plot graph between 1st column and 8th column , 1st column and 9th column. It should read from 23rd row onwards... after that, It should plot in saparate graphs and have to find the maximum and minimum values of each pulse of the waveform in each graph and should count the pulses in the graph..... I am new to this LABVIEW, please kindly help for my project. This is the final stage of my project. I am attaching the example ASCII file here.. Thanks and Regards, Avinash

Book1.zip

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hey,

It's really surprising.. I am sending my file here.. please see that for required modifications....... and we have to show the maximum and minimum values of each pulse in the waveform and then we have to count the pulses in that two waveforms.

Hey,

It's really surprising.. I am sending my file here.. please see that for required modifications....... and we have to show the maximum and minimum values of each pulse in the waveform and then we have to count the pulses in that two waveforms.

post-7534-126901760048_thumb.png

Actualy I want that block panal please can you mail that to my id? avinash.gogineni@gmail.com

Two things:

1) I didn't post my code because you didn't post yours.  I don't work for free (but I will do my best to help).

2) I don't trust my peak determination.  You'd need to validate the results against a known data set.

c) My program is at work and I'm at home.

Ok, For how much money You can do this for me?

I'll do it for $US125/hour.

Just so you know, this is a community forum, so it's more about people helping other people, but contracting opporunities are also welcome - just make it clear that you're looking for a contractor when you post. thumbup1.gif

Guest Avinashgogineni

I'll do it for $US125/hour.

Just so you know, this is a community forum, so it's more about people helping other people, but contracting opporunities are also welcome - just make it clear that you're looking for a contractor when you post. thumbup1.gif

Actually, I am in need of that to complete my graduation or else I have to do one more semester for this... I completed my whole project except this part.....

But I can't give that much amount. If possible Please help me? I feel great about that.. I can show my code, in which i have done soo far

Actually, I am in need of that to complete my graduation or else I have to do one more semester for this... I completed my whole project except this part.....

But I can't give that much amount. If possible Please help me? I feel great about that.. I can show my code, in which i have done soo far

Showing your code is the least you should do. Please post it with some comments about what is going wrong.

Ton (i'll settle for €100/hour)

Guest Avinashgogineni

I apparently have lower overhead (or a lower estimation of my own value) so I do side jobs for $75/hr!  But, if you post your code we can help you work through your problem FOR FREE!  You can't beat that price anywhere, and you won't be guilty of academic fraud.  Besides, if you graduate without knowing the material you may end up working with me and I'd have to do your work forever. ;)

Ya sure.. I am posting my code document... here please see this.

Read File.vi

Actually, I am in need of that to complete my graduation or else I have to do one more semester for this...

Bzzzt - paying someone to complete your assignment is, IMHO, unethical. I think you'll find it difficult to find someone here to do it for you.

That said, as jcarmody said, if you post your code and are open to learning a little, we'll do it for free :)

Hi Avinash,

I cannot really match your question with the code you posted. (could be a language thing.)

Hi, I am Avinash, I have ASCII code in EXCEL file with huge data like 60000rows and 9columns. We need to plot graph between 1st column and 8th column , 1st column and 9th column. It should read from 23rd row onwards... after that, It should plot in saparate graphs ...

What do you mean by this?

You need 2 graphs? What data should be in each graph? What's the deal with the 23 rd row?

Here's your posted code with the actual operations you performed on the data:

post-2399-126927107631_thumb.png

Perhaps you should look at 'Index Array'

Ton

Ya sure.. I am posting my code document... here please see this.

Here's the beginning.

post-7534-126927665502_thumb.png

Like I said before, you need to specify your requirements for peak detection better.  Perhaps you could manually detect peaks from your sample data and compare my results in the screenshot above.  I used the Peak Detector.vi, but it may not be what you need.  See if you can implement this from my snippet.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Here's the beginning.

Like I said before, you need to specify your requirements for peak detection better. Perhaps you could manually detect peaks from your sample data and compare my results in the screenshot above. I used the Peak Detector.vi, but it may not be what you need. See if you can implement this from my snippet.

Hey I will try according to this and shall I attach that file here? So that you can find the mistakes....

Guest Avinashgogineni

Here's the beginning.

Like I said before, you need to specify your requirements for peak detection better. Perhaps you could manually detect peaks from your sample data and compare my results in the screenshot above. I used the Peak Detector.vi, but it may not be what you need. See if you can implement this from my snippet.

Hey I am some problm here.. While i am trying to connect Bundle to waveform graph, It is showing error.. please see this attachments here

Here's the beginning.

Hey I am some problm here.. While i am trying to connect Bundle to waveform graph, It is showing error.. please see this attachments here

Hi Avinash,

I cannot really match your question with the code you posted. (could be a language thing.)

What do you mean by this?

You need 2 graphs? What data should be in each graph? What's the deal with the 23 rd row?

Here's your posted code with the actual operations you performed on the data:

post-2399-126927107631_thumb.png

Perhaps you should look at 'Index Array'

Ton

Hi, Here I have to plot the graph between first column and 8th column in one graph and 1st column and 9th column in another graph. We have read this data from 23rd row

post-17243-126927959128_thumb.jpg

LAVA Guidence.vi

Guest Avinashgogineni

Here's the beginning.

Hello Jcarmondy,

I have done this one. Please see this and tell me how can i connect the bundle and wave form graph. So, that i can follow your instuction

LAVA Guidence.vi

Hello Jcarmondy,

I have done this one. Please see this and tell me how can i connect the bundle and wave form graph. So, that i can follow your instuction

Like Ton said, they're XY Graphs.  You could have dragged my snippet into your (LabVIEW 2009) block diagram and you'd have had the right indicators automagically. Take a look at the LabVIEW Help on "graphs, types" (in the index); it has a good overview of the different graphs & charts and the data that they'll accept.

You did the peak detection as I did, but you may need to play with the Width and Threshold values for your application.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Like Ton said, they're XY Graphs.  You could have dragged my snippet into your (LabVIEW 2009) block diagram and you'd have had the right indicators automagically. Take a look at the LabVIEW Help on "graphs, types" (in the index); it has a good overview of the different graphs & charts and the data that they'll accept.

You did the peak detection as I did, but you may need to play with the Width and Threshold values for your application.

Hi Please help me in that.. I have some confidence that I can Complete that Project....

Bzzzt - paying someone to complete your assignment is, IMHO, unethical.  I think you'll find it difficult to find someone here to do it for you.

We could provide obfuscated code. :D That'd be funny.

Hi Please help me in that.. I have some confidence that I can Complete that Project....

Have you determined how many peaks your sample data contains?  How do you know that what you already have isn't exactly what you need?

Guest Avinashgogineni

We could provide obfuscated code. :D That'd be funny.

Have you determined how many peaks your sample data contains? How do you know that what you already have isn't exactly what you need?

Hai, I changed the XY graph as shown here in the attachment and I tried to read .CSV file. I don't know whats wrong in that........... Please check it once.

LAVA Guidence.vi

Hai, I changed the XY graph as shown here in the attachment and I tried to read .CSV file. I don't know whats wrong in that........... Please check it once.

I understand you can't read the CSV file, am I correct?

If so, what OS-language are you on? Could you open the CSV file with notepad and copy the few lines? I think you might have some issues with your decimal sign ('.' or ','). Jim is from the US where they use a '.' as decimal sign and a ',' as field delimiters. I would try to save the file with tabs (/t) as delimiters and remove the ',' string constant from the LabVIEW block diagram.

Ton

Guest Avinashgogineni

I understand you can't read the CSV file, am I correct?

If so, what OS-language are you on? Could you open the CSV file with notepad and copy the few lines? I think you might have some issues with your decimal sign ('.' or ','). Jim is from the US where they use a '.' as decimal sign and a ',' as field delimiters. I would try to save the file with tabs (/t) as delimiters and remove the ',' string constant from the LabVIEW block diagram.

Ton

Not only CSV, i am unable to read any data.. please some one help me here... so that i can move farward..