Passwords Removed From LVOOP Scripting Tools

You can all send a thank you note to JGCode. He posted a question in the ni.com forums that happened to hit at a moment when nothing was screaming for my attention, and I finally got around to going through the VIs that handle New Accessor and the New Override and removing all the passwords and posting those VIs to the forums.

[...]

Thank you JGCode :rolleyes:

How similar are the equivalent VIs for earlier versions of LabVIEW - specifically 8.6.1 and 2009 SP1 ? I don't suppose there's any chance of letting us poke at those ?

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. What do I mean by this? I mean that I'd like someone to finish writing the ElementWrapperRetooler.lvclass for me. :-) It's one of the classes that is now unlocked. That class is the start of a solution to "I have a class X that has another class Y as a private data member. I want to create a new method on X that has the same conpane as a method on Y but with all terminals of type Y replaced with terminals of type X. On the block diagram, I want to unbundle the Y, call Y's method, and if there's an output, put the Y back into my X cluster." This has been requested by many people over the four years since LV was released to accelerate development of the Delegate pattern and similar patterns, but I've never finished writing it.

It's friday evening and it's raining outside:

You made my weekend!

That's even more than you revealed on the ni community in terms of presents for the 'scripting ninjas'.

Now I need to send a PM to JGCode to thank him as well.

Felix

You can all send a thank you note to JGCode.

Happy to collect in reputation points instead :)

No, seriously I just woke up got out of bed and its like Christmas.

Unfortunately I have to finish off building my deck (another story) so I can't play with this right now and it going to KILL ME :)

Thank you so much AQ - you rock!

thumbup1.gif

• Like 1