What I Did On My Summer Vacation

Cat

I thought I'd be able to slide in under the radar while everyone was off at NI Week. :-)

It's been a long 8 months. I spent last fall and winter fighting chronic sinusitis (finally gotten rid of by massive and prolonged doses of antibiotics, steroids, and practically every OTC medicine you can think of. Drugs are our friends!). Then my Dad was sick and I was travelling back and forth across the country to see him. Then there was the funeral and all that to deal with...

In the meantime, I had other groups clamoring for me to work on projects for them, and I find it really hard to say no. And the usual continual submarine stuff. So between ill health, personal travel, and work travel, I've had to keep my teeny little nose to the grindstone when I've actually been in the office. No time for playing professional development on LAVA.

But I have a little breather, for the moment. Mostly just mopping up and dealing with ever-changing user requirements on previous projects.

My big excitement this year was I actually got to play with hardware again, for the first time in years. Timing cards, A/D cards, etc. That was fun!

• Like 2

I appreciate the condolences. Even when it's "expected" it's never really expected.

Anywho, all I've really been missing in the past to take my CLD (other than the CLAD :) ) is some current hardware experience. So hopefully I can fit the CLAD/CLD exams in sometime before the end of the year.

I appreciate the condolences. Even when it's "expected" it's never really expected.

Anywho, all I've really been missing in the past to take my CLD (other than the CLAD :) ) is some current hardware experience. So hopefully I can fit the CLAD/CLD/CLA exams in sometime before the end of the year.

You don't really need any hardware experience for the CLD. And, I FTFY.

• Like 1