Front Panel Capture Problem

maybe

Hello all,

I am a new user of Labview. I was trying to make a vi that allow me to capture the front panel image of a desired vi. I found an example in this forum and I have attached it here as I cannot find the exact page where I got it. The example works well, except I have a little problem. The desired vi I have has a background image and the attached vi allow me to capture most the front panel elements except that image. I wonder if anyone as an idea how I can get it around. Thank your so much.

-maybe

QUOTE (maybe @ Aug 18 2008, 02:15 PM)

Hello all,

The desired vi I have has a background image and the attached vi allow me to capture most the front panel elements except that image. I wonder if anyone as an idea how I can get it around.

-maybe

Hi there,

The attched vi works as its intended to..

I tried some error and trial method and found out that if the size of the vi (of which u would like to take the image) is scaled accordingly (manually) to fit that background properly , u will get the complete front panel image.

So resize ur VI and give it a shot again.

QUOTE (guruthilak@yahoo.com @ Aug 19 2008, 06:30 AM)

I tried some error and trial method and found out that if the size of the vi (of which u would like to take the image) is scaled accordingly (manually) to fit that background properly , u will get the complete front panel image.

So resize ur VI and give it a shot again.

Hello,

Attached is a simple vi which has a background image of "blue cloud", I used the front-panel-capture vi and only got grey color image. I have been adjusting the testing.vi with its size and I still cannot get an image with the blue cloud. Any ideas?

Thx.

QUOTE (maybe @ Aug 20 2008, 02:52 AM)

Hello,

Attached is a simple vi which has a background image of "blue cloud", I used the front-panel-capture vi and only got grey color image. I have been adjusting the testing.vi with its size and I still cannot get an image with the blue cloud. Any ideas?

Thx.

Hi,

Please find tha ttached vi. I found it in the forum sometime back. it uses WIN32 for capturing the screen.

Copy this code in to your application run the vi and then do a CTL+V as mentioned in the documentation part. Hope this would help u.

I don't know if this would constitute a bug or not, but the description of the problem would be that the Get Panel Image method captures only the FP itself and not the background image. The method itself is older than the background image feature, so it's possible that when that feature was added, no one thought to update the method as well. Personally, I would call this a bug, and it's worth reporting to NI.

As a side issue, we have a tool for capturing code images which might make your life easier. It uses the same method, so it won't solve this specific problem, but it might help for other stuff.

QUOTE (maybe @ Aug 20 2008, 09:52 AM)

...I still cannot get an image with the blue cloud. Any ideas?

I would say that this is a bug. Since NI is allowing us to set a background picture, that background should also be present when we capture the FP picture.

Workaround?

Do you really have to put the picture as background? If not, then just paste the picture on the FP (becomes a decoration) and send it to the back. Now the FP picture should include the picture, since it is included as a decoration on the FP. You might also want to consider locking the picture on the FP, so that you don't move it around by mistake.

/J