About This File
UI Tools Tree OOP Add-On v1.0.4
Copyright © 2009-2010, François Normandin
All rights reserved.
Contact Info: Contact via PM on www.lavag.org
Created and tested with LabVIEW 8.6
This package contains classes for manipulating Trees with some enhanced features.
It consists of a set of VIs to create tree objects and associating tags with data in a variant format.
- includes some icons from FamFamFam (see license in _Symbols directory) for demo purposes. You do not need these icons if you use the Tree OOP classes in your work.
After installing package with VIPM, refresh palettes if VIPM is not set to refresh automatically.
You will find the palettes in the UI Tools functions palette (user.lib)
- No drag and drop functionalities included. You'll have to do that on your own if wanted. (for now anyway)
- Arrays will be shown has a succession of Unnamed items. Recursive VI provides a way to put it on
a single line within brackets, but has been removed to provide backward compatibility to 8.6. An add-on
will be posted for LV 9.0+ users.
- The Children & Parents Symbols synchronization works only for Symbol indexes 1-2-3 (True-False-Mixed).
- When adding an item on the same level as an existing one, it gets added in front. Expected behavior would
be to have it added afterwards.
- Modifying a child's data does not recursively modify the parents' data (cluster variants). This will
become obvious once you try the framework... This functionality will be kept in my mind for future improvements.
Norm Kirchner from which I got some tricks in his Tree API (see LAVAG.ORG)
v1.0.4: Solved problems with hardcoded path for symbols installation. Affected primarily installations on 32-bit
v1.0.3: Initial release of the code. (LV 8.6)
Distributed under the BSD license.
If you have any problems with this code or want to suggest features:
please go to www.lavag.org and Navigate to the discussion page.
This code was downloaded from the LAVA Code Repository found at www.lavag.org
What's New in Version 02/17/2010 01:37 AM See changelog
No changelog available for this version.