About This File
Introductory video now available on YouTube: Intro to SQLite in LabVIEW
SQLite3 is a very light-weight, server-less, database-in-a-file library. See www.SQLite.org. This package is a wrapper of the SQLite3 C library and follows it closely.
There are basically two use modes: (1) calling "Execute SQL" on a Connection to run SQL scripts (and optionally return 2D arrays of strings from an SQL statement that returns results); and (2) "Preparing" a single SQL statement and executing it step-by-step explicitly. The advantage of the later is the ability to "Bind" parameters to the statement, and get the column data back in the desired datatype. The "Bind" and "Get Column" VIs are set as properties of the "SQL Statement" object, for convenience in working with large numbers of them.
See the original conversation on this here.
Hosted on the NI LabVIEW Tools Network.
JDP Science Tools group on NI.com.
***Requires VIPM 2017 or later for install.***
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168 See changelog
- -- SQLite 3.10.2 (windows 32-bit and 64-bit) [Note the new JSON1 extension.]
- -- Execute SQL made polymorphic with multiple results-returned options
- -- Added Path as supported type (where <Not a Path> == NULL)
- -- "Connection (with Attributes)" extended class, with a (Variant-like) Attributes lookup table stored in the DB file.
- -- Option to provide a subclass of SQL Statement to Prepare.
- -- "Action" Property Nodes as alternate way of calling Step, Reset, Finalize.