Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by tnt

  1. Hi, I just can't find the Plot Bounds (short names) / Plot Area Bounds (long names) property. Do you have scripting enabled? Can you show where to find it? With kind regards, TNT
  2. That's what I'm using for the moment, what I really would like to achieve is to get access to the VI-ref (from Insert VI) starting from the subpanel-refnum itself (and NOT by getting all the controls when starting the subpanel). THX anyway, tnt
  3. Hello, a while ago I've made a subvi that is able to get all controls of the toplevel-VI. This has been accomplished by getting all the controls[] refnums and then cycling through all the clusters/tabs/arrays to get an array of all refnums (only controls). Then when 1 of these items gets the keyfocus (cycle entire array), a popup-keyboard will appear. Now in a new project (still LV 7.1.1) I started using subpanels and noticed that the controls on the subpanel are not accessible when starting from the subpanel refnum. :headbang: (casting of a refnum to VI-type fails, casting to subpanel / paneltype does not give any access to a controls[]-property. As a workaround I've called the controls[]-property directly from the VI-refnum that is started in the subpanel, but I really would like to reach these properties starting from the top-level-VI-refnum. Is ther someone out there to give me a clue? THX, tnt
  4. In several of my programs I use the name of a typedef as an identifier. Since LV 7, there's an option (which is default ON): "Disconnect type definitions and remove unused polmorphic VI instances" When building an application (as small as possible), I only want to choose for the removal of the unused polymorphic VI's but I DON'T want to disconnect my typedefs. So why is this one option in stead of two ...
  5. Hi Guenther, there are 2 options: 1. you ignore the shadows, they disppear anyway when running the vi 2. you can group the radio-buttons and the strings to get rid of the shadows Good luck, TNT
  6. Hi Dave, you're not alone... Occasionally I've noticed the same behaviour on my Win2K-PC running LV6.1, especially when another process in the background was busy and causing a slower LV-startup, or opening several vi's at the same time. I'm also curious what others have to say about this...
  7. tnt


    Hi, I prefer AutoIt v3 :thumbup: . When using their SciTe-editor you also have access to a form builder for fast and easy creation of simple GUI's. The best part is that it's freeware and it's very simple to create small executables (even with encryption to prevent decompilation). If you try it, I recommend installing the beta release because it also supports some nice things like a context menu for a trayicon... http://http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ grtz, tnt
  8. Hi Martin, it's NOT very common to constantly initialize the COM-port, then sending a command and then closing the port again. It's better to do the initialization before your while loop, sending the commands and closing the connection when stopping the while loop (or add an initialize and a close button/event). I've often noticed a difference in behaviour (cleaning up memory) between running in Development mode and in Run-time, especially with serial (VISA) communication. I also advice you to handle possible VISA-errors in case something goes wrong (and showing the stop button?)... Good luck...
  9. Hi, an easy way is just write your data into a tab delimited file with in the first row your channel names. Name the file *.xls and excel will open it exactly as you want it grtz, tnt
  10. Hi, to convert a long space delimeted string: use spreadsheet string to array, format string = %02X (hexadecimal), wire a space to delimiter and a 1D I32-array [i32] to array type. To view your data as hex, just select Radix visible on the [i32] and choose hex good luck tnt
  11. hi, I guess you already know that you need LV Pro to create "real" polymorphic VI's and that this is a way to do something similar. This solutions seems to be rather memory-intensive, especially when using large arrays, because you create 4 different arrays out of 1 variant array. About your implementation:your performance/readability will improve if you would use the "Get TDEnum from Data" from the OpenG-toolkit. It just gives you the datatype of the variant. I haven't had the time yet to inspect what you are doing in the remove trailingzeros, but I know that when using a general expression like e.g. 0*$ and then removing the last point if the number appears to be an integer results in much more readable code. GrtZ, tnt
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.