Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation


About boochbrain

  • Rank
    LAVA groupie

LabVIEW Information

  • Version
    LabVIEW 2012
  • Since
  1. It has been a while since this topic was active. I have a similar issue where I'm using the file dialog (express VI) in LV 2012 and I want to limit the user to selecting a *ini file type. If they choose a different file type, it will cause an error in the program. Has anyone come up with a good solution for this? Is there a better way to do this in 2012?
  2. What does "thread safety" mean? And where can I find more information about how LabView handles threads?
  3. I usually have a Saved Data folder within my project. It is used to store spreadsheet files or any user data captured by the application. I realize now that there is no need for this to be auto-populating, because I never need to call any VIs from this folder, and thus the files within the folder don't need to be a part of the project. Any time I use a sub-VI to write to this folder, I will provide the exact path in the code, so the project doesn't need to have the file linked. I thought the folder itself should be part of the project, because when it comes time to build, you could add
  4. Ok, so I found another interesting issue while programming today. This one took a while to debug and isolate the source of the problem. So, the story goes like this. I was having this error in one of my projects, where I would drag a cursor on an intensity graph using my mouse, but every so often I would lose control of the cursor and it would drop wherever my mouse was hovering. This was abnormal function, because if you keep your mouse pressed down while dragging, you should be able to move a cursor around indefinitely. I figured out that I could remedy the issue by disabling a secti
  5. I don't have LabView 2009 installed on my computer, so I can't test that out, but I will take your word for it. So you think this is a LabView bug?? In that case, what is the proper channel to report it to NI? I wonder if there is a work-around. There are other ways to update values in a table. Maybe I can use the "value" property node and just re-wrtie all the values. A pain, but I guess it would work.
  6. I ran into this error while developing the project I'm currently working on. I've isolated the cause of the error and I'm able to demonstrate it in a simple VI. Basically, if I make a new selection on an enum or ring, while using the "set cell value" method on a table, error 1604 is generated. I want to understand why this is happening and also be able to fix it. test error 1604.vi
  7. Thank you all for responding. Ton got it right. I had a different VI that wasn't closing the refs and so my LabView environment was still holding the resources. I want to pose another question - Is the open Visa function necessary when reading from serial ports? I have only been using the VISA configure function in some cases, and it has been working fine.
  8. Hi All, This is my first post on LAVA, so here it goes: I am creating an application that involves reading data on two RS-422 serial ports. Everything was going just dandy until it was time to build my application into an executable. I've spent time debugging my issue and have been able to narror down where the source of the error is coming from, but I can't figure out why it's happening or how to fixt it. I created a simple VI that clearly demonstrates the error. The VI first configures two serial ports using VISA. It then gets the number of bytes at the port and reads from VISA
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.