Jump to content

df_rob

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0

About df_rob

  • Rank
    Active

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling

LabVIEW Information

  • Version
    LabVIEW 2014
  • Since
    2011
  1. Hi James, Hope you are well! Hopefully you can answer a question I have about your Messaging Library. I'm currently using it to try and implement some TCP communications (using your TCP messenger Library.) One problem I am having is trying to make multiple unique TCP event messengers (upto n), that can be serviced by a registering processes. This means the processes need to be able to register for them at run-time. I dont suppose you have any recommendations on how to acheive this? EDIT: Looks like I was being really dumb here, I didnt notice the obs registry in the client... solution is clear now, but any recommendations feel free to make them! Thanks!
  2. Very cool, did you develop the kettle, pump icons etc. yourself? Are they animated also?
  3. Using what you guys recommended I think this is now solved! Thanks a lot, I appreciate the help. It seems the flickering I was getting was also due to the chart history length being to small!
  4. Thanks, for the reply. It was off, but I have changed a fair bit now in response to the below posts. Thanks for the feedback, I believe I have made the recommended changes:
  5. Hi everyone, I'm having some problems with my waveform charts, I dont quite understand how the below code isnt working (see screenshot). It just flickers... any ideas? The intention of the code is to programatically show the last t seconds worth of data when sampling continously at 1 kHz. Where t is some value defined by the user, however in the screenshot t is a constant set to 10. Thanks for your time!
  6. Thanks alot James! I will try implementing the above. EDIT: I have just tried this and it works! Thanks, again. I missinterpreted the solution to jollybandits problem.
  7. Dont suppose anyone knows why this INSERT routine is taking so long (38 ms)? My storage loop cant get anywhere near the speed of my DAQ loop and eventually I get a buffer overflow. I believe I am using the BEGIN and COMMIT correctly, the speed of DAQ is 1 kHz so this routine is executed once per cycle. (see sattached screenshot) Thanks!
  8. Maybe the visitor pattern is the way to go here?: https://lavag.org/topic/16696-ah-yes-another-oo-architecture-question/?hl=daqmx
  9. Hi, Recently I have been trying to develop a set of classes for data aquisition (as the encapsulation makes other tasks easier) however I keep running into several issues (described below). I was wondering what you guys did for your OO DAQ systems. I've found a few presentations lying around on the net but their implementations do not seem to work when using DAQmx based measurements. I am trying to measure the inputs from two seperate instruments: (1) Torque Sensor (2) Encoder. Sometimes these instruments might be using a DAQmx analog input and other times a .DLL. My original thought was that I would have a parent class called Measurement with several functions (Initalize, Configure, Read Data, Close) that would be over-riden by its children Analog Input (DAQmx) and Digital Input (Seperate .DLL). There then would be (for example) an Analog Input object created called position and a digital Input object called torque. This seemed to look nice on paper, however it didnt work as my DAQs tasks need to be combined (you cant have several tasks on a single device.) As this didnt work, I approached it with a different setup. This time I had a parent class called Instrument that has two children Torque Sensor and Encoder. Again, things get tricky, as sometimes I might want to use an analog DAQmx task for both the Torque Sensor and Encoder. What is your typical OOP class structure like for DAQ? Thanks!
  10. Hi, I’m looking to recreate this line of C code in a similar manner in LabVIEW. Any contributions are greatly appreciated, thanks. sscanf(aline, "%d%*1c%1c%1c%*1c%2c%*1c%f%f%d%f%f%*1c%5c%*1c%3c%*1c%5c%*1c%5c", &ic,c1,c2,comm,&axial,&radial,&angular,&efbhs, &holdinch,rext,amppercent,testcode,iac) below are three sample data strings that this function can read: 626 8.45 2.03 226 0.04 0.00 2 13.01 626 627 C 8.47 1.30 293 0.10 0.00 1.00 27 0 628 C 8.48 1.32 296 0.12 0.00 2.00 28 13.01 1 As you can see, in some cases some fields are missing (but still valid). In C this is straight forward to read but in labVIEW I can't seem to account for the cases where the data is not present. My current work around requires ignoring the errors the labVIEW 'scan string' function is throwing but there must be a valid way to do this in labVIEW! Usefull Info: - Fixed number of fields. - Data Not delimited. - Data generated from another program so I can't add delimiters. - The characters (%c) are being read as strings in my current labVIEW implementation.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.