Wanted to look for some feedback on some code I made for troubleshooting crashes and hangs for medium to large LabVIEW applications. Wanted a way for a user experiencing a crash/hang to have a simple way of narrowing down where the problem is occurring. The VI is named Crash Logger.vi and it only requires the VI itself to use. No type def's, additional VI's, or other necessary parts. The reason for this is so that a user can drop it in multiple parts of their application and have it log the current state and some information on system state to narrow down where a crash/hang is occurring. I've gotten some feedback from friend's regarding making it a global variable that wrote to variables and had a separate VI to do the logging, but this takes away the "ease of use" I am going for for the user. I've included an example application to show how it can be used for a simple state machine.
I'd love getting more insight into what I could do better though which is why I'm coming here! Let me know what y'all think!
Crash Logger Project and VI.zip