Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'troubleshooting'.
Had a great success with Network Published Shared Variables from the get-go. Used them on a large project sharing data between multiple devices on the network - worked great. Until one day (yesterday), when they stopped. No change in the code, the same base was running for 4 years on multiple systems (NI-9042 cRIO + NI-9147 eRIO). Yesterday, loaded the code on a brand new cRIO and ooh-la-la - surprise. No more data sharing. Only on a new platform. Loaded the same code on the old one - everything works. Modified the code to make data sharing more transparent for troubleshooting. No, there is no data coming to the consumers. Not sure though whether it is writing to the shared variable or reading from it but the fact is no more data. At this point I am totally baffled to what could possibly happen. Checked the drivers - the Network Variable Engine 17.0 is installed. Although, I am not sure how to check if it is running. I tried to use Linux tools in CLI but didn't see any process name resembling the Network Variables Engine. I wonder if anybody had similar experience or can suggest where to look? Maybe I am overlooking some weird settings somewhere? Like blocked ports or network registration... However, I couldn't find anything, no matter how hard I looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Hey y'all, Wanted to look for some feedback on some code I made for troubleshooting crashes and hangs for medium to large LabVIEW applications. Wanted a way for a user experiencing a crash/hang to have a simple way of narrowing down where the problem is occurring. The VI is named Crash Logger.vi and it only requires the VI itself to use. No type def's, additional VI's, or other necessary parts. The reason for this is so that a user can drop it in multiple parts of their application and have it log the current state and some information on system state to narrow down where a crash/hang is occurring. I've gotten some feedback from friend's regarding making it a global variable that wrote to variables and had a separate VI to do the logging, but this takes away the "ease of use" I am going for for the user. I've included an example application to show how it can be used for a simple state machine. I'd love getting more insight into what I could do better though which is why I'm coming here! Let me know what y'all think! - Bear Crash Logger Project and VI.zip Crash Logger.vi