I have a lookup table I need to modify

QUOTE (Mark Yedinak @ May 4 2009, 02:49 PM)

Can you please provide a few more details regarding your problem. I doubt anyone will be able to give you an answer based on your question. It is far to vague.

The lookup table is an engineering unit style lookup. the program that exists compares a voltage to a lookup table to determine the distance traveled. I need to calabrate this lookup table to actual distance since it has been years with little use.

QUOTE (newTOlabview @ May 4 2009, 02:16 PM)

The lookup table is an engineering unit style lookup. the program that exists compares a voltage to a lookup table to determine the distance traveled. I need to calabrate this lookup table to actual distance since it has been years with little use.

What Mark is asking is how is the lookup table implemented in your program? A lookup table can be created in many ways in LabVIEW. Is it a hard coded array of values? Is it stored on disk? How about a screen shot of your lookup table.

QUOTE (gleichman @ May 4 2009, 04:35 PM)

What Mark is asking is how is the lookup table implemented in your program? A lookup table can be created in many ways in LabVIEW. Is it a hard coded array of values? Is it stored on disk? How about a screen shot of your lookup table.

Well I know it is hard coded but I cannot see it it is. This is the problem. When i try to look at the file it is like when you try to open a jpg in a text editor, there is very little ascii. I know I am in the write file because a few of the ascii things it says "engineering units" and so on. I am working purely in Labview 5.

QUOTE (asbo @ May 5 2009, 09:32 AM)

What format is the file? Perhaps you could attach it to post for us to look at?

No way to do that. THis computer is so old it has no usb. It does have a floppy but I don't have one on any other computer. I have no idea what the format is its a labveiw file. I just don't understand how this simple task in Labview 8 is such a bastard in labview 5.

I even thought about building a new file but i don't know what the format is of the file I have so i can duplicate

No way to do that. THis computer is so old it has no usb. It does have a floppy but I don't have one on any other computer. I have no idea what the format is its a labveiw file. I just don't understand how this simple task in Labview 8 is such a bastard in labview 5.

I have had to do this with some computers. Take out the hard drive and make it a secondary hard drive on a newer computer. As long as you don't muck around with what is actually on the hard drive, it should go back into the old computer and run just fine. I am also assuming you have another computer with ATA hard drive connections and not the SATA. This is also a good way of getting into people's "My Documents" :ninja: .

My next question though is how was this file generated in the first place? There has to be a VI or something somewhere that was used to generate it. Or if all else fails, make your own new table and change the code to be able to read your new format.