Star Trek

Cat

OK - so I went and saw it with my missus (she's seen every episode from every season, several times, but she claims to not be a Trekkie) - we both enjoyed it for different reasons: I like it for the action and slivers of comedy (and don't get me started on the hot green chick ;) ), and she enojyed it for the action, slivers of comedy and references to the first season (she particulailry loved the guy who played McCoy). I've seen the odd episode ond movie, so I was able to keep up with the references, but I did kinda miss the Kirk/Picard "and the moral of the story is..." - that said, it's set when they're all at college, so I don't think I could expect anything like that from people with little inter-galactic experience outside of the acadamey.

Now the important question: is Hollywood turning away from all bad guys being German (anything in the 80's and 90's) to them being Australian?!? Hugh Jackman as The Joker in The Dark Night, Eric Bana as Nero in Star Trek, who's next? :unsure: