Obfuscation challenge

QUOTE (Gavin Burnell @ May 12 2009, 09:43 AM)

Actually I did it for real http://forums.lavag.org/who-will-help-me-t9851.html&p=40521#entry40521' target="_blank">once last year but nobody else got it on the act (possibly because writing artisctically bad code is hard work !)

Dude, that is hilarious. I just spent the last hour looking at it figuring out what you did. I can tell you wasted a lot of time puting it together. On a side note, this would be an excellent example for a lecture on refactoring.

QUOTE (rolfk @ May 7 2009, 08:38 PM)

Wow. It works.

I got around the valid path problem by simply giving a string with the name for the VI. this worked in 8.6.1 for Mac OSX.

Funnily enough, choosing MacOS as the target was not supported but everything ran fine with the target set to Windows (under MAC OSX this is not intended behaviour).

Cool tool.

Shane.

QUOTE (Gavin Burnell @ May 12 2009, 09:43 AM)

I dunno - I've seen lots of people do it without even trying :D

QUOTE (hooovahh @ May 12 2009, 09:47 AM)

I haven't dabbled in scripting much, but could you code a VI using scripting? I realize that there are many steps to creating objects on the block diagram, but could I write a VI which makes a VI and runs it?

Totally. In fact, you could have a VI that creates another VI using scripting that creates another VI using scripting that creates another VI using scripting that creates another VI using scripting that creates another VI using scripting that ... creates another VI using scripting that runs the final VI :D