Color Box Constant won't resize

I know this may seem a little bit whiny, but I just noticed that as of LV8.0 the color box constants on the diagram are not resizable (as far as I know).

A program that was developed in LV7.1 had a 2d-array of color boxes on the diagram to represent to the programmer the ratio of the dimensions of the actual object. Now I'm stuck with square color box constants (from the palette). :thumbdown:

I'm sure there was a good reason for this. Maybe it was an attempt to make the color box constant more constant. ;)

Bruce

QUOTE (bmoyer @ May 21 2009, 02:44 PM)

I know this may seem a little bit whiny, but I just noticed that as of LV8.0 the color box constants on the diagram are not resizable (as far as I know).

A program that was developed in LV7.1 had a 2d-array of color boxes on the diagram to represent to the programmer the ratio of the dimensions of the actual object. Now I'm stuck with square color box constants (from the palette). :thumbdown:

I'm sure there was a good reason for this. Maybe it was an attempt to make the color box constant more constant. ;)

Bruce

The most "specific" class specifier I can find for a Color Box constant is "GObject>>ColorBox Constant", but you have read-only access to the height & width of the constant just like "GObject". Was there a different class hierarchy in LV7.1?

Not sure about all the class hierarchy stuff, but in 7.1 it could be found in the palette, Numeric-->Additional Numeric Contants-->Color Box Constant. Now it's located in the palette, Graphics & Sound-->Picture Functions-->Color Box Constant.

QUOTE (normandinf @ May 21 2009, 04:54 PM)

OK, I've reinstalled 7.1 and here's what I did:

I created a colorbox constant (7.1) and resized it. I saved and opened this VI in 8.6. I got a resized colorbox (not reverted to standard size) but it was no longer resizable...

That's what I suspected. It seems like they get locked when going from 7.1 to 8.x. Thank goodness they're still resizable as controls! :)

Bruce