I have it already SDK2 but I don't know how it works

Of course you have it if you have a recent Windows machine. How to use it I wouldn't know myself. As to the OGIC supporting SSL: Forget it! Implementing SSL is a very serious project in itself, with many implications. Doing that in LabVIEW is a complete nogo, not because it would not be possible but because of a number of other reasons, two of the most prominent are:

1) It is a huge undertaking that would require man years of work.

2) Encryption software is a difficult business that can only work if there is peer review by a broad community or at least by a panel of real experts on this subject, and guess what those experts wor mostly for profit within specific companies.

The only feasable option would be to use an existing software such as OpenSSL and link it into LabVIEW. However the OpenSSL API is not really meant to be linked into a system like LabVIEW, requiring things like callbacks and such which makes an interface to LabVIEW a lot more complicated than just implementing some Call Lbrary Nodes.

The easiest thing I have found to do (still not trivial) is to actually use an external application like putty to implement the SSL connection and then connect to it through the OpenG Pipe library from within LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• Like 1