Edit buttons (Customize mode)

Hi LAVAs,

I'd like to automate the creation of controls from an icon list using a template (*.ctt) control VI. I couldn't find any way to access the references to the different components that are editable in "Customize Mode".

Are these properties/methods exposed?

For now, I'm using the great Boolean XControl from Ton, but I'd prefer not to rely on XControls at all.

post-10515-124845076632_thumb.png

Hi LAVAs,

I'd like to automate the creation of controls from an icon list using a template (*.ctt) control VI. I couldn't find any way to access the references to the different components that are editable in "Customize Mode".

Are these properties/methods exposed?

For now, I'm using the great Boolean XControl from Ton, but I'd prefer not to rely on XControls at all.

post-10515-124845076632_thumb.png

I very much doubt it. The Control Editor predates the VI server by several LabVIEW versions and it is a rather archaic piece of code. One of the original writers of that code has once stated that she felt rather bad that it was still in LabVIEW unchanged. Also newer controls do not always support customization by the control editor.

In my opinion this all points to one conclusion. Accessibility of Control Editor functionality through VI server is not only not visible but likely almost impossible to implement.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I very much doubt it. The Control Editor predates the VI server by several LabVIEW versions and it is a rather archaic piece of code. One of the original writers of that code has once stated that she felt rather bad that it was still in LabVIEW unchanged. Also newer controls do not always support customization by the control editor.

In my opinion this all points to one conclusion. Accessibility of Control Editor functionality through VI server is not only not visible but likely almost impossible to implement.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Thanks Rolf,

Somehow I had missed your reply. Great insight. I'll see if I can add this to the LabVIEW idea exchange...