ActiveX container and Web browser

Hi

I got a problem using a webbrowser in a activeX container.

As you can see in the attaced VIs, the one with the problem says that there have been changes to the VI when you load it. I you try to save and close it and thereafter open it again, the same story go's on. If you hit "Explain Changes" it tells that there are Cosmetic changes.

This is not happening to the other VI.

The differens is that the"good" one is saved without loading a webside.

It is annoying when you are debugging the VI and if you come to save the VI with a URL in the container, you got the problem.

WebTest.vi

WebTest problem.vi

post-7489-124886590871_thumb.png

Is this normal or is it a bug.

If so, is there a workaround for it?

regards Bjarne

I'm able to reproduce it in 8.6 if that's any help. It seems that the activex component data is seen as a change by labview.

Sorry, I'd forgot to tell the version I have seen this problem. The attaced VIs is in LV8.2.1 and as you Michael, I have also seen it in LV8.6.

But bag to the problem.

Is it a bug?

Shall I report it to NI?

Regards Bjarne

Sorry, I'd forgot to tell the version I have seen this problem. The attaced VIs is in LV8.2.1 and as you Michael, I have also seen it in LV8.6.

But bag to the problem.

Is it a bug?

Shall I report it to NI?

Regards Bjarne

You can sure report it but I'm not sure it would amount to a real bug. Most likely the ActiveX control does do something with the container if it is activated so the message you get is most likely technically correct.

Rolf Kalbermatter