Smishy Smashy

I've copied the Smishy Smashy functions from BD Minion and made them into a RCF plugin. It takes the selected control terminals and puts the labels on the side (right for indicators, left for controls) and stacks them up. I do this all the time, now I'll do it faster.

You can download it from SVN here (LV 8.2).

Reference NI LabVIEW API Community - Getting started automating development through LV Scripting

SmishySmashy.llb

• Like 2

I've copied the Smishy Smashy functions from BD Minion and made them into a RCF plugin. It takes the selected control terminals and puts the labels on the side (right for indicators, left for controls) and stacks them up. I do this all the time, now I'll do it faster.

"smashy smashy" is one of my favorite voice commands for LV Speak. This looks like a good tool for when I don't have my headset handy. :thumbup1:

This Right Click Framework (RCF) is proving to be a powerful tool! Kudos to JKI!

"smashy smashy" is one of my favorite voice commands for LV Speak. [...]

LVSpeak, that would be wonderful, but it doesn't seem to work on XP. It certainly doesn't work on MY XP. I got it to do the "Label Side" and "VI Properties" commands, but I was really interested in getting it to work with Quick Drop. I'm sure I'll get to use it someday, either it'll work with XP or I'll end up in another OS.

I forgot it was in there, too.

LVSpeak, that would be wonderful, but it doesn't seem to work on XP. It certainly doesn't work on MY XP. I got it to do the "Label Side" and "VI Properties" commands, but I was really interested in getting it to work with Quick Drop. I'm sure I'll get to use it someday, either it'll work with XP or I'll end up in another OS.

I forgot it was in there, too.

If you have Quick Edit operational (the component that "Label Side" and "VI Properties" uses, then LVSpeak is fully operational.

Did you ever install the second package that modifies the Quick Drop VI's?

Flip this thread over to the LVSpeak thread and we'll figure it out there.

PS: Must give credit to Chad Bailey, another RF systems engineer that came up w/ the smashy smashy combo command.

-Norm