Partial Link Window

This is what I see when I click on "Insert link":

post-9165-124897586914_thumb.png

By trial and error, I figured out I'm supposed to enter the URL into one or the other of the white boxes, and then select the blue box, and the link appears in my post.

Something similar happens if I click on "Insert image".

I'm running on IE6, if that matters. No, I can't upgrade...

Cat

This is what I see when I click on "Insert link":

post-9165-124897586914_thumb.png

By trial and error, I figured out I'm supposed to enter the URL into one or the other of the white boxes, and then select the blue box, and the link appears in my post.

Something similar happens if I click on "Insert image".

I'm running on IE6, if that matters. No, I can't upgrade...

Cat

I saw the same thing when I tried to do my first post. But then I switched to Firefox and all OK.

This is definitely related to IE6. I've tried IE8 and Chrome but it's OK. I'll post it as a bug and see what happens.

So IPS responded that IE6 is officially not supported anymore since it's 8 years old and virtually a dead browser. I would agree, and I suggest you upgrade. Most of the web is moving in that direction. Sorry. :)

PS. So if anyone has other problems and is using IE6. I suggest checking in other browsers before reporting the problem here.

So IPS responded that IE6 is officially not supported anymore since it's 8 years old and virtually a dead browser. I would agree, and I suggest you upgrade.

I would, if Big Brother didn't own the computer I'm sitting in front of. We're not allowed to upgrade or add other applications (ie, Firefox).

Thanks for checking it out.

I would, if Big Brother didn't own the computer I'm sitting in front of. We're not allowed to upgrade or add other applications (ie, Firefox).

If you're willing to go rogue there are ways around group policy settings.

Sometimes IT forgets they're a service and supposed to help employees get work done. A minor revolution can sometimes break the iron grip of an over-controlling AV nerd. ;) (Power to the people!)

If you're willing to go rogue there are ways around group policy settings.

I work for the US Navy and they are extremely paranoid about network issues. Not necessarily a bad thing, but when it leads to situations like the one here where we're stuck with an 8 year old application, it can become really annoying. When I talked with our head IT guy about this, he said he'd heard rumors upgrade testing is almost done for the next version. Yup, any year now, we should be getting IE 7. frusty.gif

As far as going rogue, IT Guy and I discussed that, too. Big Brother nightly scans for changes to IE and other application settings and returns everything to their chosen settings. IT Guy said there is a version of Firefox out there that doesn't require a formal installation. Of course he followed that up with the fact that someone else here had that file just sitting on his computer -- not even running -- and he was cited for a security violation. I really don't want a security violation...

Enough ranting! Back to using stone knives and bear skins to get my job done!

I work for the US Navy and they are extremely paranoid about network issues...

I like the idea that the military is paranoid. Really. They get attacked all the time. I'm dating myself here, but my days at NORAD were just a few years before the internet and the only computer security issues we were concerned about were internal - spy vs. spy stuff. Recently the Pentagon was hit with a virus that was delivered and spread via personal thumb drives. I can't imagine working for the DOD now. I'm surprised you are allowed to link to external web sites at all. smile.gif