Saving EVERYTHING

I am pretty sure I am missing something either with using LV Project Explorer or a saving option.

When I am programming and making stuff work/backing everything up/debugging...I finally get my program running the way I want. The problem is that sometimes in the heat of battle I have subVIs and files crossed linked across multiple desktop folders, a thumbdrive, etc.

I havent' yet found a way to export everything I am using to a folder (for example to move to a thumbdrive to work on another LabVIEW PC). I always end up missing files and then manually gathering them up (after I make notes when I try to load the program).

Am I missing something?

I hoping that I have gotten by without discovering this awesome developed LV feature, that everyone else uses.

Best thing to do is keep all your project files in a single folder tree. Then you can move the folder around and make copies however you see fit. If you are going to have multiple copies of the project open at the same time be sure to rename one of them.

I am pretty sure I am missing something either with using LV Project Explorer or a saving option.

When I am programming and making stuff work/backing everything up/debugging...I finally get my program running the way I want. The problem is that sometimes in the heat of battle I have subVIs and files crossed linked across multiple desktop folders, a thumbdrive, etc.

I havent' yet found a way to export everything I am using to a folder (for example to move to a thumbdrive to work on another LabVIEW PC). I always end up missing files and then manually gathering them up (after I make notes when I try to load the program).

Am I missing something?

I hoping that I have gotten by without discovering this awesome developed LV feature, that everyone else uses.

Using Save As... in the File menu you have the option to save the entire VI hierarchy in a new location (folder). This will save the current VI and all statically linked subVIs. Any subVIs that are called dynamically must be saved manually in addition.

Another option is to use the Source Distribution under the Build Specification in the project. This requires the Application Builder.

http://zone.ni.com/r...source_dist_ex/