Runtime saltation

Angle

My job as to vision system. The inspection object is Easy open End. I use the pattern match and other method. The application is running on the machine, the runtime of solve the each object is about 40ms, but accidently the value of runtime change to 130ms , after that return to 40ms. I am confused. In the application, i use many local variables, I don't konw if those local variables occupy many memory and then cause this question. Thanks

Its unlikely to be a memory issue unless you are using so much the OS has to swap to disk. It is more likely a higher priority process or hardware latency is getting in the way. Disk saving is the usual cause. Next time watch the LED hard-drive indicator when you see the time jump.

What is the camera interface? If you are using GigE,another cause can be packet collisions causing the camera to re-send. This will also appear as a latency causing your loop time to jump.