What symbolic elements are used by NI Application Builder?

In response to a LabVIEW feature request I was exploring an LVProject file for the build path.

And I noticed LabVIEW supports some symbolic elements:

<Property Name="Destination[0].path" Type="Path">../builds/NI_AB_PROJECTNAME/My Application/Application.exe</Property>

The element NI_AB_PROJECTNAME is the actual project title. I wonder if there are more of these options available.

Ton

PS this was seen in LabVIEW 2009

In response to a LabVIEW feature request I was exploring an LVProject file for the build path.

And I noticed LabVIEW supports some symbolic elements:

The element NI_AB_PROJECTNAME is the actual project title. I wonder if there are more of these options available.

Ton

PS this was seen in LabVIEW 2009

Great topic.

I was recently trolling through a 9.x project looking at these so that I could resolve the build spec paths into absolute paths.

This was due to the new build feature in 9.x and how the paths are constructed and the issues associated with that.

I wanted to add in 9.x support for my build script which would transparently build the Executable or Installer under e.g. C:/dist and then move all files back to the original location in the build spec to avoid any build errors.

Due to the unknown constants in the build spec, I was not able to implement it as above.

But I came up with a workaround that does the job.

Would sure like to know what you find you tho.

Cheers

JG

• 10 months later...