honeywell controller UDC 2500

pravin

Hi, I am trying to read the data in labview from honeywell controllerUDC 3000 via Burr Brown Converter. Has anyone been able to do itsuccessfully? I am not sure what I need to do on the labview to talk tothe controller? Can someone through some light on it? and also give me prpper hardware and software Support (Including Code Guidence)

Hi, I am trying to read the data in labview from honeywell controllerUDC 3000 via Burr Brown Converter. Has anyone been able to do itsuccessfully? I am not sure what I need to do on the labview to talk tothe controller? Can someone through some light on it? and also give me prpper hardware and software Support (Including Code Guidence)

The NI-OPC Server supports the UDC 3000 and UDC 2500 see the following Link

http://zone.ni.com/d...p/id/6417#toc17

So with the NI-OPC Servers you can communicate to your UDC controller, in LabVIEW you just use DataSocket to read and write to items.

Alternatively Honewell probably have their own OPC Server which you should be able to connect to.

You mentioned the Burr Brown Converter, what type of converter is it? do you have more info?

The NI-OPC Server supports the UDC 3000 and UDC 2500 see the following Link

http://zone.ni.com/d...p/id/6417#toc17

So with the NI-OPC Servers you can communicate to your UDC controller, in LabVIEW you just use DataSocket to read and write to items.

Alternatively Honewell probably have their own OPC Server which you should be able to connect to.

You mentioned the Burr Brown Converter, what type of converter is it? do you have more info?

i had tried the NI OPC but i have't get any responce from controller. and the converter is Burr-Brown Companys LDM 485 this is special converter recommanded by honeywell, is their any way to solve this problem.

i had tried the NI OPC but i have't get any responce from controller. and the converter is Burr-Brown Companys LDM 485 this is special converter recommanded by honeywell, is their any way to solve this problem.

OK so you have a RS 485 to 232 converter. Probably the first thing to do is check that your serial interface is OK and your cabling is fine, this is always a gotcha. In my experience the first time you plug some serial device into your PC it doesn't work first time, its either that I need a null modem or my com port isn't setup correctly, so check all that. Add into the mix that you have a 232 to 485 converter you have compounded the issue.

Probably try sending packets via hyperterminal and check them on the 485 side with a scope, its a good reality check.

I think the UDC2500 uses modbus. You will need a modbus RTU driver. I don't know if Honeywell supply one with their product for Labview, you might have to write it yourself using this

http://hpsweb.honeyw...44/51522566.pdf

Or if your really lucky, someone else may have written one you could use (try the instrument driver network).

Edited by ShaunR
  • 7 years later...
On ‏۰۴‏/‏۰۷‏/‏۱۳۸۸ at 11:50 AM, pravin said:

hi

can you share your labview program?

because this is my project too

I should to connect udc2500 with opc server to labview