Software problem or converter rs 485

bimbone

Hello Boy!

I am italian, sorry for my english... :)

I have a big problem and I do not know how to fix it.

Using LabVIEW 8.5

My program is for the management of machines voltage regulators, i communicate with them via a USB-RS485 on Modbus, The questions I wished them and so far no problem.

stores data in a spreadsheet excel and do extensive use of blocks "read from measurement file" and "write to measurement file" about 30 times that i frequently rewrite about once every 2 seconds.

Now I go to my problem: after that the software go regularly he stops suddenly.

No longer works in labview converter but I do not return any error message or something.

At this point I press the stop button and i restart the program and everything starts, until a new stop.

My fault, software, or the converter??

thank all

Hello Boy!

I am italian, sorry for my english... :)

I have a big problem and I do not know how to fix it.

Using LabVIEW 8.5

My program is for the management of machines voltage regulators, i communicate with them via a USB-RS485 on Modbus, The questions I wished them and so far no problem.

stores data in a spreadsheet excel and do extensive use of blocks "read from measurement file" and "write to measurement file" about 30 times that i frequently rewrite about once every 2 seconds.

Now I go to my problem: after that the software go regularly he stops suddenly.

No longer works in labview converter but I do not return any error message or something.

At this point I press the stop button and i restart the program and everything starts, until a new stop.

My fault, software, or the converter??

thank all

Can you post an example that demonstrates the problem?

Well. What can I say. It'd take me a week to figure out whats going on in that spaghetti.

I would suggest thet you keep the diagram open while running and when it no longer responds, click the "Highlight Execution" button (the lightbulb). That will show you where it is currently executing. That will at least narrow it down.

Edited by ShaunR

Well your code needs more structuring.

One example is where you store the data inside a daily file.

I would advice the following sub VI:

post-2399-12545661324_thumb.png

Where you open a file based on the day.

Some other improvements:

post-2399-12545659447_thumb.png

The code above and under the line should be the same.

Using less nodes should make your code better readable. In the same way I have the feeling that your write actions could be sub-vi'd

Ton