From Block Diagram to Front panel

Sharon_

Hi,

I am new to Labview. I would like to know whether it is possible to place objects programmatically.lightbulb.gif

For instance, assume that there is variable 'a'. If the value of a is 5 , I need to place 5 ring objects on front panel.If it is 6....6 objects on the front panel.frusty.gif

Thanks for your time..!!!

-Sharon

You'll need to use scripting to create controls at run-time - unless there's an upper limit to how many you'll need. If that's the case, you can hide/show controls as you need. Either way, that page has a few examples to show you how scripting works.

Hi Asbo,

Thanks for the reply. I will try scripting to generate some objects.

Thanks and regards,

Sharon

Hi Asbo,

Thanks for the reply. I will try scripting to generate some objects.

Sharon, it's important to note that you won't be able to build an executable with your scripted VI. This is fine if you're just making a tool to make development easier. If this is what you're doing, consider making it into a plugin for the JKI Right-Click Framework. There's more information to help you get started scripting here and here.

As was said before, you can't use scripting in an executable. If you know the upper limit to the number of objects you will need on your front panel the simplest approach would be to create that number of objects on the front panel and make them visible/invisible with property nodes in your program, depending on the value of your 'a' variable.