Rtm data structure

Bobillier

Hi

I try to upgrade my old subscription "RTM to Emum" to LV2009 and have problem with Rtm data structure. There is a small modification of this structure between 7.0 and 2009 LV version but i don't know which.

Any suggestion. I send you the 7.0 data structure for exempl.

RTM data.ctl

I think the change was between 8.2 and 8.5. I don't know if it changed again in 2009. I couldn't get you're original to work with 8.5 the way you had it before so I hacking a simple state machine to parse through file. It still works as of 8.6 (I don't have 2009 yet.)

Kind of a hack job, but it works for me and may be enough to get started on repairing you're CR submission.

Hope this helps.

~Dan

rtm to enum 8.5.zip

Edited by Dan DeFriese

Thank

But that's not work in LV2009. The parser lock on get id state.:frusty:

I investigate more and see that the problem is arround "special application code". When i put a "separator line" in my menu that's bug, but when i remove them

it's OK.

Edited by BOBILLIER

Thank

But that's not work in LV2009. The parser lock on get id state.frusty.gif

I investigate more and see that the problem is arround "special application code". When i put a "separator line" in my menu that's bug, but when i remove them

it's OK.

Hmm... The separator line throws off the parser in 8.6 as well. I don't remember ever using a separator line.

Oops... After messing around the "APP_SEPARATOR" tag was being cut off to "APP_SEPARA". It looks like the Read From Text File primative had the 'Convert EOL' option enabled which changed the string length from 0Dh (13) to 0Ah (10).

Try it again.

rtm to enum 81.5.zip

Hmm... The separator line throws off the parser in 8.6 as well. I don't remember ever using a separator line.

Oops... After messing around the "APP_SEPARATOR" tag was being cut off to "APP_SEPARA". It looks like the Read From Text File primative had the 'Convert EOL' option enabled which changed the string length from 0Dh (13) to 0Ah (10).

Try it again.

Thanks that' s ok Now. Just a last things, I have removed your test about Level because in my case this test forget first line menu tag.

Regards

Eric

Thanks that' s ok Now. Just a last things, I have removed your test about Level because in my case this test forget first line menu tag.

Regards

Eric

Great! I'm glad it worked...

If I get motivated this weekend I might try to make a RCF plugin based on this so you could right click an enum on the block diagram and update it from the *.rtm file directly.

Great! I'm glad it worked...

If I get motivated this weekend I might try to make a RCF plugin based on this so you could right click an enum on the block diagram and update it from the *.rtm file directly.

Great Idea. But if I can suggest one remark, maybe will It be better to include the possibilty to create Case in case structure from Rtm data than enum. And to be more precise,

It would be better if this idea would be included in the excellent RCF Caseselect Plug-in. But it's just suggestions.

Thanks again for your help and good luck for RCF.

Eric