Is there a way

Daryl

Ok, so I am cleaning up some code in a fairly large project and I was wondering if there is a way to find unused elements in a project file?

I have consolidated a bunch of data from FG's and Labview Globals into clusters and shift registers and was wondering if there was a quick easy way to find/delete the stuff that isn't being used anymore?

Edited by Daryl
  • 2 weeks later...

But I've got a "project cleaner" vi that does

Would you share it?  I have a project that I inherited from an outside contractor.  I rewrote everything except the CAN driver and want to get the bloat out of the project.  I have another project (from the same outside contractor, not coincidentally) in the same boat. 

Unfortunately its one I wrote for work (copyrights an' all that). But its not hard and you could probably knock up a straight forward one without bells and whistles (i.e compare vis in the project list with those in the directories) in about 1/2 an hour. Mine is quite slow, since it does a lot of checking (compares like the aforesaid and also loads up all vis and checks callers, callees, filepaths and compares duplicates etc) and gives me lists of vis on-disk but not in the project, in the project but in the wrong location, blah, blah. Oh. And I can choose to delete them :P

Edited by ShaunR

Unfortunately its one I wrote for work (copyrights an' all that). But its not hard and you could probably knock up a straight forward one without bells and whistles (i.e compare vis in the project list with those in the directories) in about 1/2 an hour. Mine is quite slow, since it does a lot of checking (compares like the aforesaid and also loads up all vis and checks callers, callees, filepaths and compares duplicates etc) and gives me lists of vis on-disk but not in the project, in the project but in the wrong location, blah, blah. Oh. And I can choose to delete them :P

Sounds like a business op. People send you their ugly projects, you clean 'em up and send them back for a small fee (or case of beer) :P