For Next Loop

rimer

I am totally new to Labview programming and I guess I haven't yet fully learned the ropes. :unsure:

I have two numeric controls and a numeric indicator on the front panel. The two controls represent starting and ending values. I want to display the numbers from start value, start value plus one to end value sequentially on the display but only when I receive a (boolean?) response from the rest of the block diagram.

I hope someone can help. :headbang:

Thanks!

Hello njkirchner ,

I am thankful for your quick response. I built and tried the vi and found that it counts up to n-1 rather than n. If my second numeric control is set to 10 the max count will be 9. Any ideas on fixing it? Also is there a way of resetting the numeric indicator to 0 at start up?

Much obliged! :yes:

I would recommend that you read-up on FOR loops... :book: The loop will iterate for the number wired inthe the N terminal. All you need to do is +1 to that number and it will iterate one more time.

If you need to reset any control, you can use a local variable. You can use them to write 0's to the controls. Put the reset code outside, before you enter the loop.