Recording into an Excel file day by day

Hello

I wrote a program to record the output voltage from a solar panal into an Excel file continously; however this will save the data into the Excel file in one column but I want it after finishing one day, it saves the recorded data into another column or another Excel file. Please help me in this manner if possible.

< I used Create data string.vi, write characters to file.vi and multiple time delay match.vi to record the data into Excel file>

Looking forward to hearing from You,

M-H

Hello

I wrote a program to record the output voltage from a solar panal into an Excel file continously; however this will save the data into the Excel file in one column but I want it after finishing one day, it saves the recorded data into another column or another Excel file. Please help me in this manner if possible.

< I used Create data string.vi, write characters to file.vi and multiple time delay match.vi to record the data into Excel file>

M-H

Append your data to a file with the date as the file name (e.g 2010-01-10.csv). Then when the new day starts, a new file will be created.

Hello

M-H

Hello,

can you please guide me how I can Append my data to a file with the date as the file name (e.g 2010-01-10.csv)?

Thanks

r3.vir3.viHello,

Thanks for your fantastic Solution but still I have one problem:

I have used create data string.vi inorder to display the recorded data with its corrsponding date and time into the Excel file however it displays the recorded data with its corrsponding

date and time in one cell of the Excel file; can you please guide me how I can make them(recorded data,corresponding data and corrsponding time) in different cells of the Excel? <I have attached my program >

Looking forward to recieving from You

Trying to interact with Excel is not necessarily the easiest thing to do in LabVIEW. You might want to just use the "Write to Text File" in LV to save your data in a CSV (comma separated value) file, so it would look like:

time1, data1

time2, data2

time3, data3

etc...

This type of file can still be read by Excel, and you don't have all the problems of trying to format in Excel.