VBAI Custom steps

I'm currently working together with a customer to get a new vision analysis system up and running.

Having used VBAI 2009 for testing his processing we came up with the idea to implement the entire thing in VBAI. Things got a little more difficult when we started talking about motionc ontrol, buffered breakpoints and bufferd images but we reckoned we could handle all of these.

Where things got really interesting was trying to implement a custom step in VBAI to launch a program to do the acquisition in the background and still allow us access to a set of images buffered within the application. After much blood sweat and tears I got it working.

There seem to be many caveats about memory sharing in VBAI custom steps which (to me) seemed non-obvious. Are there any more detailed sources of information than the VBAI development manual installed with the toolkit?

Shane.

Are there any more detailed sources of information than the VBAI development manual installed with the toolkit?

Not that I know about.

I agree the documentation is a bit light.

If you have specific questions about VBAI custom steps you can of course post here, but also on the Vision board on NI forums, the developers of VBAI do answer questions there.