I'm going to DisneyWorld.. umm, I mean NIWeek!

Cat

I had to start talking it up 10 months ago, continually remind my management to set aside $$ in the budget, and swear on a stack of technical manuals that it wouldn't interfere with my test schedule, but, I'm actually going to NIWeek!! I need a HappyDance emoticon. biggrin.gif

• Like 2
I had to start talking it up 10 months ago, continually remind my management to set aside $$ in the budget, and swear on a stack of technical manuals that it wouldn't interfere with my test schedule, but, I'm actually going to NIWeek!!

Hazaah! See you at the NI-Week LAVA BBQ :)

There is no way my company would pay for me to go.

Try bugging Management about it for 10 months. That's what it took for it to happen for me.

I'm still trying to get my managers to appreciate why it's better for me to have a quite place to work. sad.gif

I feel your pain. We had a tech who played the radio all the time. Then he left. When he asked to come back I said, fine but no radio. Now I only have to deal with the roar of 30+ multi-fan data collection boxes and assorted UPSs, one of my cow-orkers continually ringing phone, and delivery guys knocking on the door all the time.

I really get a LOT more done on those rare days that I work from home.

I really get a LOT more done on those rare days that I work from home.

Sometimes I can get more work done at home... then my wife and kids decide that "Daddy's working from home" == "Daddy doesn't have to work today." frusty.gif

At work a Zune and good earbuds are standard operating equipment for me. I end up not even noticing my music and it eliminates all the external noises.

There was a momentary scare when HR noticed there was some food being served at NIWeek and therefore it must not fall under a training request, because one obviously can't eat and learn in the same 24 hour period, and therefore the approval was unapproved. ohmy.gif

I had to write a justification letter (liberally plagarized from the one on the NIWeek website), get 3 more levels of approval, and then the unapproved approval was finally reapproved. I just love working for Big Brother... wacko.gif