How to get an id in a SQL database

Hello: I would like to know how can I get in Labview 2009 working with SQL Server database, the id (primary key) of any data once I´ve inserted?

im not a database expert but i reckon you can query the Identifier column of that table and sort it in descending order, the 1st item will be the latest identifier that you have just inserted.

it will b something like: SELECT TOP 1 Identifier FROM Mytable ORDER BY DESC

Or you can just Google for a built-in function that returns the latest ID lightbulb.gif

Regards,

Edited by Minh Pham
  • Like 1

im not a database expert but i reckon you can query the Identifier column of that table and sort it in descending order, the 1st item will be the latest identifier that you have just inserted.

it will b something like: SELECT TOP 1 Identifier FROM Mytable ORDER BY DESC

Or you can just Google for a built-in function that returns the latest ID lightbulb.gif

Regards,

Actually I had found that solution yesterday night, jejeje and it worked perfectly, anyway thanks for your fast collaboration  

To be sure you get the right Identity/ID/Identifier of a recently inserted row, you should call execute this query:

MSSQL:

SELECT SCOPE_IDENTITY()

do not use the SELECT @@IDENTITY command it can give you unwanted behavior.

http://msdn.microsof...y/ms190315.aspx

MYSQL:

SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID()

Cheers,

Mikael

So help ful mikael, it made me clear some things, yesterday I was trying with SELECT LAST_INSERT_ID() but working with MSSQL : ) 

regards