3d picture control zooming, scroll

Hi everyone,

i want to visualize a 3d form on a 3D picture control through a HMI panel, as i have no peripheral devices, i need to do zooming and scrolling manully through touch panel, thus i need some coding to do that.

Right now i can mark points on my model , so i want to know if there is any sample VI that i can get some ideas.

Thanks,

You may use "Setup Camera" method of 3D Picture Control in conjunction with respective buttons for scrolling and zooming. Or alternatively buttons for switching between zoom/pan/any_other_functionality and Mouse Down and Mouse Up events, but I don't know whether these events work with touch panel.

You may use "Setup Camera" method of 3D Picture Control in conjunction with respective buttons for scrolling and zooming. Or alternatively buttons for switching between zoom/pan/any_other_functionality and Mouse Down and Mouse Up events, but I don't know whether these events work with touch panel.

Thanks vugie for replying this post. I didnt really understand by "Set up camera method" :( can you give me an example when it is possible for you.

i dont think touch panel will be a matter of problem.

have a nice weekend

"Setup Camera" is a method (by means of Invoke Node) of 3D Picture Control. It sets position of camera and direction of view, so that you may make buttons for moving camera around your object. Normally it can be done with setting proper camera mode (spherical, flying, etc.) and rotating scene with mouse without any additional coding, but it requires using modifier keys or middle mouse button (so I guess it's limited for touch panel to rotating which is realized with LMB).

"Setup Camera" is a method (by means of Invoke Node) of 3D Picture Control. It sets position of camera and direction of view, so that you may make buttons for moving camera around your object. Normally it can be done with setting proper camera mode (spherical, flying, etc.) and rotating scene with mouse without any additional coding, but it requires using modifier keys or middle mouse button (so I guess it's limited for touch panel to rotating which is realized with LMB).

Thanks for the idea, i am trying to use the "Setup Camera" method, but i really can't understand what is the functionality of Up direction. Any Idea?

Thanks for the idea, i am trying to use the "Setup Camera" method, but i really can't understand what is the functionality of Up direction. Any Idea?

Look at the window at the place where you are. Remember the direction. Now stand on your head and look at the same direction. What is the difference between these views? The "Up direction"! :)

Look at the window at the place where you are. Remember the direction. Now stand on your head and look at the same direction. What is the difference between these views? The "Up direction"! smile.gif

great example for understanding, well, i need to do more Yoga in order to stand on my headrolleyes.gif now i can work on this method, hopefully it will work