I want to make a contract for LABVIEW project

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hello Mark. I designed the VI in some what better way. and I would like to make it a user friendly VI.

I am attaching the copy of the file. Open the version5.2. verify the main file.

In the second file, You can understand the way to design this VI. in that the numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ..... indicates the Channels number.

If we have 9columns in our VI,

1 to 8 Numbers should be highlighted.

If we press on 1 it should give the graph between first column and second column,

If we press on 7 it should give the graph between first column and 8th column.

Avinashgogineni,

It is great to see that you are taking ownership of the program and making improvements on it by yourself.

Very good job on the auto cursor following the mouse. I learned something from that code.

While I was looking at the code I found a bug that was in my code that I posted.

In the "Find Peaks and Valleys.vi" go to the "False" case in the case structure.

In this case it is supposed to find the min values but instead it selects the max values

post-584-063801000 1287850693_thumb.png

I fixed this problem in the current version.

I changed the "Export Result to Excel" event case to unbundled for the main cluster instead of using local variables.

local variables can lead to problems so I would only use them if you have no other choice.

post-584-071046000 1287851121_thumb.png post-584-058053300 1287851266_thumb.png

Above the tab control I added a "Select Data" Enum to allow you to select the columns to calculate.

I'm glad the code is working well for you.

Version 5.3 10-23-2010.zip

Guest Avinashgogineni

Avinashgogineni,

It is great to see that you are taking ownership of the program and making improvements on it by yourself.

Very good job on the auto cursor following the mouse. I learned something from that code.

While I was looking at the code I found a bug that was in my code that I posted.

In the "Find Peaks and Valleys.vi" go to the "False" case in the case structure.

In this case it is supposed to find the min values but instead it selects the max values

post-584-063801000 1287850693_thumb.png

I fixed this problem in the current version.

I changed the "Export Result to Excel" event case to unbundled for the main cluster instead of using local variables.

local variables can lead to problems so I would only use them if you have no other choice.

post-584-071046000 1287851121_thumb.png post-584-058053300 1287851266_thumb.png

Above the tab control I added a "Select Data" Enum to allow you to select the columns to calculate.

I'm glad the code is working well for you.

Hello Mark,

Just now I have seen that Code. Ya, I found that bug. Thank you so much Mark. Even I learned some new things. Mark Is it possible to design a VI, as i mentioned in the earlier Post.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Try and make the Front Panel look like you want first.

Then try and add the code to make it work.

When you run into a problem then post it and we will help you.

Mark

Hello Mark, Could you please change the VI ? I don't know how to do that. I just wanted to design my old VI to this form thats it. I am not asking anything new.

Hello Mark, Could you please change the VI ? I don't know how to do that. I just wanted to design my old VI to this form thats it. I am not asking anything new.

This is what the current Front Panel looks like.

post-584-051708000 1288070196_thumb.png

and this is what you want it to look like

post-584-098751700 1288070233_thumb.png

To me they look very different. Cycle Number, Peak Number, Base Number and Magnitude do not exist on the current front panel.

Currently the code does not "Print Graph" or "Print Results" so to make the code do these functions is new.

If you only want to change the look of the front Panel you can try some of these techniques.

Color:

1: Shift Right Click to bring up the tools pallet and select the paint brush.

post-584-039664600 1288070678_thumb.png

Right click on the item you want to color and then select a color

post-584-068589700 1288070780_thumb.png

If you want to change the look of controls you can do this by using the Control Editor.

To find help on this go to LabVIEW help and "editor controls" in the search box then select "Customizing Controls and Indicators tat are Parts of Controls and Indicators" and read to the right how to use the editor.

post-584-093319500 1288071226_thumb.png

Try this first and let me know where you are having problems.

Here is a video by Christina Rogers on how to use the control editor

There are also some UI videos here.

http://decibel.ni.co...10-presentation

Mark

• Like 1
Guest Avinashgogineni

This is what the current Front Panel looks like.

post-584-051708000 1288070196_thumb.png

and this is what you want it to look like

post-584-098751700 1288070233_thumb.png

To me they look very different. Cycle Number, Peak Number, Base Number and Magnitude do not exist on the current front panel.

Currently the code does not "Print Graph" or "Print Results" so to make the code do these functions is new.

If you only want to change the look of the front Panel you can try some of these techniques.

Color:

1: Shift Right Click to bring up the tools pallet and select the paint brush.

post-584-039664600 1288070678_thumb.png

Right click on the item you want to color and then select a color

post-584-068589700 1288070780_thumb.png

If you want to change the look of controls you can do this by using the Control Editor.

To find help on this go to LabVIEW help and "editor controls" in the search box then select "Customizing Controls and Indicators tat are Parts of Controls and Indicators" and read to the right how to use the editor.

post-584-093319500 1288071226_thumb.png

Try this first and let me know where you are having problems.

Here is a video by Christina Rogers on how to use the control editor

There are also some UI videos here.

http://decibel.ni.co...10-presentation

Mark

Hello Mark,

I changed few things over here in my VI. could you please see this and add some more features

I would like to discuss the things, which i need to have in that VI.

1) We should draw one table below the graph and in that Graph we should write the first column for the Channels. We have 30 Numbers. we should tell the numbers up to where we have the data. In the second column, we have tell the least minimum base value in that channel. Third column should tell the average of all the peaks in that particular channel. we are getting the values in X axis corresponding to the peak values now. Here I would like to take difference between the preceding value and we should identify, if the value less than 8 or greater than 12. We should show one alarm in another column as ALARM1 should be indicated with light. for example if we have peaks 2.33 and 3.34 at 12 and 20. we should make difference between these 20 and 12, which is 10. 10 is in between 8 and 12 so no need to show the light.

2) we should have a print menu in FILE MENU. we should keep all the options ( EXPORT to EXCEL FILE, OPEN ASCII FILE, PRINT) in FILE menu

3) we need to have the pop out function near the X and Y axis asking the minimum and maximum values of the graph.

I am attaching my File here

Hello Mark,

I changed few things over here in my VI. could you please see this and add some more features

I would like to discuss the things, which i need to have in that VI.

1) We should draw one table below the graph

and in that Graph we should write the first column for the Channels.

We have 30 Numbers.

we should tell the numbers up to where we have the data.

In the second column, we have

tell the least minimum base value in that channel.

Third column should tell the

average of all the peaks in that particular channel.

we are getting the values in X axis corresponding to the peak values now.

Here I would like to take difference between the preceding value

and we should identify, if the value less than 8 or greater than 12.

We should show one alarm in another column as

ALARM1 should be indicated with light.

for example if we have peaks 2.33 and 3.34 at 12 and 20.

we should make difference between these 20 and 12,

which is 10.

10 is in between 8 and 12 so no need to show the light.

2) we should have a print menu in FILE MENU.

we should keep all the options

( EXPORT to EXCEL FILE, OPEN ASCII FILE, PRINT) in FILE menu

3) we need to have the pop out function near the X and Y

axis asking the minimum and maximum values of the graph.

I am attaching my File here

I think you need to choose one thing to add and get it working

Then move on to the next.

At this point in the project I think that you need to take control of the code.

I still want to help you but you need to be the one changing the code and making it work.

I am able to make and post videos like the one I posted before.

Are you able to see the videos?

Here is a video of how to create a Radio button for a channel selector.

Please create one and add it to your code.

http://www.screencas.../t/lJCrAN3B5ksp

<object id="scPlayer" class="embeddedObject" width="1028" height="733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/jingswfplayer.swf" > <param name="movie" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/jingswfplayer.swf" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /> <param name="flashVars" value="thumb=http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/FirstFrame.jpg&containerwidth=1028&containerheight=733&content=http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/Creating%20a%20Radio%20Button.swf&blurover=false" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showall" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="base" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/" /> Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required. </object>

• Like 1
Guest Avinashgogineni

I still want to help you but you need to be the one changing the code and making it work.

<object id="scPlayer" class="embeddedObject" width="1028" height="733" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/jingswfplayer.swf" > <param name="movie" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/jingswfplayer.swf" /> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /> <param name="flashVars" value="thumb=http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/FirstFrame.jpg&containerwidth=1028&containerheight=733&content=http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/Creating%20a%20Radio%20Button.swf&blurover=false" /> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /> <param name="scale" value="showall" /> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /> <param name="base" value="http://content.screencast.com/users/mballa/folders/Helping/media/78933397-426b-45fc-9752-ba67b7c04c7e/" /> Unable to display content. Adobe Flash is required. </object>

Hello Mark

I am attaching the file. which I modified Main VI and I need few more things to do.. please . . . .

Below the graph I need to get one table

column1 : - We should give information for all the channels So we should write the channel numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ........

Column2 :- In this column we should tell the Minimum Base value with respect to Y axis in the graph. for example in the graph if we get the least base value for 2nd cycle as 0.35. we should indicate only that value. so we should give the least value for all the corresponding row channel value. for first channel 0.35 second channel 0.26 ..........

column3 :- similar to the above column we should give the maximum magnitude value in the graph for each channel.

Column4: Here this column is like ALARM. the difference between the peak value ( with respect to X axis) to the preceding peak value( X axis value) of any cycle should be in between 8 to 12. if the difference value is below 8 or above 12, it should switch on the light to the corresponding channel

Column5 :- if the base value/ Magnitude value of any cycle in the channel should be greater than or equal to 0.7 . if any cylce in the channel is less than 0.7. then switch on the light to that corresponding channel.

.......in my VI .. . . When ever you keep the cursor near to the channel number it will show some text. in the same way. I wants to see that for cursor. . . . . when ever I keep mouse on the graph it show that coordinates below that cursor it self...

Hello Mark

I am attaching the file. which I modified Main VI and I need few more things to do.. please . . . .

column1 : - We should give information for all the channels So we should write the channel numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ........

Column2 :- In this column we should tell the Minimum Base value with respect to Y axis in the graph. for example in the graph if we get the least base value for 2nd cycle as 0.35. we should indicate only that value. so we should give the least value for all the corresponding row channel value. for first channel 0.35 second channel 0.26 ..........

column3 :- similar to the above column we should give the maximum magnitude value in the graph for each channel.

Column4: Here this column is like ALARM. the difference between the peak value ( with respect to X axis) to the preceding peak value( X axis value) of any cycle should be in between 8 to 12. if the difference value is below 8 or above 12, it should switch on the light to the corresponding channel

Column5 :- if the base value/ Magnitude value of any cycle in the channel should be greater than or equal to 0.7 . if any cylce in the channel is less than 0.7. then switch on the light to that corresponding channel.

.......in my VI .. . . When ever you keep the cursor near to the channel number it will show some text. in the same way. I wants to see that for cursor. . . . . when ever I keep mouse on the graph it show that coordinates below that cursor it self...

Hello Mark

Hello Mark

OK Lets add one item at a time.

Please create a radio button for the channels as shown in the video.

Then we will go to the Next Item.