Error -1074396080 occurred at IMAQ Simple Edge Invalid image type.

Hi,

I am trying to detect first edges across a search line on a series of images( I have used Vision Acquisition express VI for acquiring the images).

I have used "Simple Edge tool" and have set the requires threshold parameters etc.

Upon executing the VI, it shows an error "Error -1074396080 occurred at IMAQ Simple Edge

Invalid image type."

I am unable to figure out what this might mean.I am new to LabView and I tried looking around for a error code table to get more information about the said error but it has been futile.

Can someone guide me in finding out more about this error or ways to rectify it?

Looking forward to your replies..

Regards,

Avinash

What version of VDM (Vision Development Module) do you have? I *think* the latest version includes an IMAQ Find Edge that works on most type of image.

Your image is probably be RGB, the IMAQ Find Edge used to only work on grayscale images.

If you read a JPG file containing a grayscale image it comes into LabVIEW as a grayscale image, you can use the "IMAQ ExtractColorPane" to obtain it as a grayscale image.

I had imagined it to be the same and i did use color plane extraction.

The problem still persisted. I am extracting images frm vision acquisition express vi ( continuous acquisition from a folder)

It works for the first image just fime and from the second image on, it shows this error

I had imagined it to be the same and i did use color plane extraction.

The problem still persisted. I am extracting images frm vision acquisition express vi ( continuous acquisition from a folder)

It works for the first image just fime and from the second image on, it shows this error

Ok...

Can you post your code or a screen shot of it?

• 1 month later...