CAN CCP Exchange_ID

Hi,

I am working with LabView 8.6 RT and the ECU Measurement & Calibration toolkit (v2.1 I think). I am attempting to connect to an automotive ECU product via the CAN-bus, and use the CCP command "Exchange_ID" to get the ID of the ECU. The response to this should tell me which A2L database to load so I can continue taking measurements. I have the appropriate CRO & DTO information.

If I manually load the correct A2L database first I can connect fine, but I cannot get any response otherwise.

Any ideas?

Ian

Okay I've used the toolkit and I've had limited success but I might be able to help.

I've usually seen that modules talk both CAN and CCP on the same CAN bus. So one option is that maybe the device is already broadcasting the Exchange ID over CAN. You could do a CAN read, then close that CAN, then init the CCP engine using the same CAN hardware.

Another thing is that this seems odd to me. Inside the A2L file it should specify the CRO Id and the DTO Id, as well as the Baud Rate and Station ID and any SeedKey DLLs. These are all parameters that the module and the A2L agreed on. I always thought that the firmware that was on the module was also the same software as what generated the A2L, and that the parameters in the A2L should never need to be changed.

Do you have more than one module? Do they have different IDs?

• Like 1

Hooovahh,

Thanks for your reply. The ECU module is part of the automotive component which the machine is testing, in a development lab. Every time our firmware is updated we get a new ID, new A2L file, etc. I want LabView to be able to read the ID, then select the appropriate A2L file, just like Vector CANape can do.

Regards,

Ian