Any way to change the Run-Time Engine missing error text in built EXEs?

My guess would be to create a boot-strapper app that is written in something other than LabVIEW - that could check for the presence of LabVIEW RTE / any other dependencies, and then, call your main EXE once it's checks are complete. This could probably be neater still if the main application was compiled to a DLL target instead of an EXE - then your users would just see a single EXE / point of entry to the app.

(PS. I really hope there is a better way to actually get at the LV built exe's dialog directly, but I doubt that would actually be possible)

Hey LAVA'ers,

Does anyone know of any tools or techniques to modify the error message that shows up when trying to run a built LabVIEW app, when the Run-Time Engine is not installed?

post-17-028108000 1278551847_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

I don't know about changing the message, but in the past I have investigated checking the registry first (I was using a batch file to do it).

My guess would be to create a boot-strapper app that is written in something other than LabVIEW - that could check for the presence of LabVIEW RTE / any other dependencies, and then, call your main EXE once it's checks are complete. This could probably be neater still if the main application was compiled to a DLL target instead of an EXE - then your users would just see a single EXE / point of entry to the app.

(PS. I really hope there is a better way to actually get at the LV built exe's dialog directly, but I doubt that would actually be possible)

I don't know about changing the message, but in the past I have investigated checking the registry first (I was using a batch file to do it).

Thanks for the initial round of ideas, guys. I want to keep it as a single file, so I don't really like the idea of an extra DLL or a batch file.