What is Schottky Power Rectifier?

GSR

I just read a MBRS140T3 document from osemi.com, MBRS140T3 is a chip of Schottky Power Rectifier. Two leads are in the MBRS140T3 chip. That makes me confused blink.gif

My understand for a rectifier is something like a diode bridge which convert the AC to DC. It should have 2 AC input and 2 DC output (one is gnd) connectors. I am afraid I misunderstand what is power rectifier, so I google it. The answer from google is "Power rectifiers supply power from an AC source to a DC load". ohmy.gif

Now the MBRS140T3 chip has only 2 leads. One should be AC input, the other one should be DC output. I guess the only possibility is that it cut the negative voltage half cycle and only use the positive half. Am I correct?? If that is the case. How I should connect the Schottky Power Rectifier to get 100% duty cycle in "positive voltage output" (not 50% positive and 50% negative)? thumbup1.gif

THanks

Edited by GSR

I just read a MBRS140T3 document from osemi.com, MBRS140T3 is a chip of Schottky Power Rectifier. Two leads are in the MBRS140T3 chip. That makes me confused blink.gif

My understand for a rectifier is something like a diode bridge which convert the AC to DC. It should have 2 AC input and 2 DC output (one is gnd) connectors. I am afraid I misunderstand what is power rectifier, so I google it. The answer from google is "Power rectifiers supply power from an AC source to a DC load". ohmy.gif

Now the MBRS140T3 chip has only 2 leads. One should be AC input, the other one should be DC output. I guess the only possibility is that it cut the negative voltage half cycle and only use the positive half. Am I correct?? If that is the case. How I should connect the Schottky Power Rectifier to get 100% duty cycle in "positive voltage output" (not 50% positive and 50% negative)? thumbup1.gif

THanks

It is a single diode which, by itself, can perform half wave rectification . The terminolgy of "rectifier" and "diode" in single diode AC->DC conversion is purely symantics. You will need 2 of them if you are using a center tapped transformer or 4 (more usual) for non- center tapped.

Rectifier

It is a single diode which, by itself, can perform half wave rectification . The terminolgy of "rectifier" and "diode" in single diode AC->DC conversion is purely symantics. You will need 2 of them if you are using a center tapped transformer or 4 (more usual) for non- center tapped.

Rectifier

Thankssssssssss laugh.gif