Android App Inventor

Yair

Have you guys seen Google's App Inventor?

Looks like this could add a relatively major push to the world of graphical programming. The programming itself is not in same style or depth of LV's programming model, but rather more like the stuff you get in languages such as Alice or Scratch (and in fact its puzzle block appearance is very similar to the one Scratch has and that page mentions they're related).

I have played a little bit with scratch a long time ago, and it is basically line based code with preformed graphical representations of most commands. You can have parallel processes, though, each started with it own "flag clicked" statement. There is probably more to it....

I've been on Android since early 2009 and love it. I am tempted to give this a spin. ;) We'll see if they accept me. :D

I've been on Android since early 2009 and love it. I am tempted to give this a spin. ;) We'll see if they accept me. :D

I just signed up and anxiously waiting for a reply. If someone can make an ap that does nothing more than makes sounds of flatulence (not that there is anything wrong with that) I could probably come up with something a little more useful.

Why do I feel like I'm waiting for a bunch of nerds to pick me for a game of dodge ball? :unsure: