change max value of control dynamically

sydney

I have an array[6] of controls (SGL data type) and need to reassign the 'max value' of all 6 elements so that the user cannot exceed this value. Normally I would set the 'max value' in the data entry box and be done with it, but this has to be reassigned dynamically once the user has determined this value on the fly. I cannot think of any other way to do this except to use a 'value change?' event to compare the entered value to the present desired 'max value' and force the display to adjust the displayed value as necessary. Anyone have a simpler way to do this?

I have an array[6] of controls (SGL data type) and need to reassign the 'max value' of all 6 elements so that the user cannot exceed this value. Normally I would set the 'max value' in the data entry box and be done with it, but this has to be reassigned dynamically once the user has determined this value on the fly. I cannot think of any other way to do this except to use a 'value change?' event to compare the entered value to the present desired 'max value' and force the display to adjust the displayed value as necessary. Anyone have a simpler way to do this?

Create a property node from one of the array elements and use the "Data Entry Limits:Maximum" and "Respone to Value Outside Limits:Maximum" properties. All the array elements will use the new maximum *but* they will keep any old value outside the new max until the user attempts to change that particular element. In other words, they are not immediately coerced; if you want all elements to immediately update, you'll need to do it yourself.

-Scott

I did not see a property for min or max. I did find value, which should be spelled in the plural to eliminate confusion, and used that property in a for loop to changed the out of limit values dynamically.

Here's a snippet what Crossrulz and Scott meant:

post-2399-047157800 1281038452_thumb.png

Ton