Need Help for making an image drop down menu

it does'nt show any error!! but still no picture is shown. here is the image with highlighting execution.

I think the pictures are there...

What is the size of your images???

Resize the picture frame in the array to show more if needed, but if they're huge, use an image editor to reduce the pixels to what you need to display in the array. I used a 32x32 picture, but enlarge it to what you want. It doesn't have to be square. However, the array elements are not resizing automatically to your picture size.

Froncois,thank you so much. it just worked!! i think there were 2 corrupted images among that directory files which made it not functioning. thanks. I have 3 questions :

1- now when i click and hold the mouse left button, it shows the pictures and select the picture when i hold the mouse on the picture and then release the left button. Is it possible to make it like normal drop down which by first click it pulls down and shows the pictures and then selecting the picture just by clicking on that?

2- is it possible to make the combination drop down menu ( see the image) by using picture array?

3-Is there any way to scrolling pictures by scrolling the middle button of mouse?(i need this function for another user interface)

Again, Thank you a lot and appreciate your patience and kind effort.

I think the pictures are there...

What is the size of your images???

Resize the picture frame in the array to show more if needed, but if they're huge, use an image editor to reduce the pixels to what you need to display in the array. I used a 32x32 picture, but enlarge it to what you want. It doesn't have to be square. However, the array elements are not resizing automatically to your picture size.

post-18013-036787700 1285977592_thumb.jp

Froncois,thank you so much. it just worked!! i think there were 2 corrupted images among that directory files which made it not functioning. thanks. I have 3 questions :

1- now when i click and hold the mouse left button, it shows the pictures and select the picture when i hold the mouse on the picture and then release the left button. Is it possible to make it like normal drop down which by first click it pulls down and shows the pictures and then selecting the picture just by clicking on that?

2- is it possible to make the combination drop down menu ( see the image) by using picture array?

3-Is there any way to scrolling pictures by scrolling the middle button of mouse?(i need this function for another user interface)

Again, Thank you a lot and appreciate your patience and kind effort.

I was thinking of corrupted files when I sent you the test VI. But it's so rare...

Concerning your questions, it surely is possible to use the events to do what you want. You need to activate/deactivate the events based on the last action performed. Wiring a constant to the references deactivates them, and wiring the correct reference activates them. Establish a list of the sequences you need to achieve what you want and code them accordingly as shown in the VI I posted.

(1) What's the detailed list of user interactions for this? That's what you need to code. Ex: When left-click is detected, show the scroll down pictures and activate two choices: a) if mouse leaves, close the drop down menu or b) if user left clicks again, select it. In the example I showed, I used the Mouse Up event, but if you replace those by Mouse Down, it might work without further modifications. Try it, and if you don't succeed, upload your modified code to show what you tried.

(2) You could add to the code to check for a condition when the user selects a picture that should have a second drop down menu to show this second picture array (make it visible) and position it where the user had clicked. Configure the events to react exactly the same way has for the first array of pictures (select or hide) depending on the mouse down/leave events.

(3) You'll notice, in the Event cases, that there is an inside terminal with a list of things like buttons, coords, ctl ref, etc. The button terminal lists which button is activated. I'm not sure how you can scroll your list with the scroll button of the mouse, but it might be doable. Never tried that.(I don't think there is a "Mouse Scroll?" event)

• 2 weeks later...

Francois! I am out of town now and just saw your comments, Thank you so much for youre guides. I 'll try them when i am back to work. You helped me a lot so far. Thanks

I was thinking of corrupted files when I sent you the test VI. But it's so rare...

Concerning your questions, it surely is possible to use the events to do what you want. You need to activate/deactivate the events based on the last action performed. Wiring a constant to the references deactivates them, and wiring the correct reference activates them. Establish a list of the sequences you need to achieve what you want and code them accordingly as shown in the VI I posted.

(1) What's the detailed list of user interactions for this? That's what you need to code. Ex: When left-click is detected, show the scroll down pictures and activate two choices: a) if mouse leaves, close the drop down menu or b) if user left clicks again, select it. In the example I showed, I used the Mouse Up event, but if you replace those by Mouse Down, it might work without further modifications. Try it, and if you don't succeed, upload your modified code to show what you tried.

(2) You could add to the code to check for a condition when the user selects a picture that should have a second drop down menu to show this second picture array (make it visible) and position it where the user had clicked. Configure the events to react exactly the same way has for the first array of pictures (select or hide) depending on the mouse down/leave events.

(3) You'll notice, in the Event cases, that there is an inside terminal with a list of things like buttons, coords, ctl ref, etc. The button terminal lists which button is activated. I'm not sure how you can scroll your list with the scroll button of the mouse, but it might be doable. Never tried that.(I don't think there is a "Mouse Scroll?" event)