Create a Control in Front Panel

MViControl

You can't dynamically make a control within a VI. What are you trying to accomplish?

I want to build a XControl which could allow user add buttons by input button tag dymanically, I had ever thought this can be implimented by VI scripting, but finaly found the control can only been created in a new opened VI.

I want to build a XControl which could allow user add buttons by input button tag dymanically, I had ever thought this can be implimented by VI scripting, but finaly found the control can only been created in a new opened VI.

Controls can be added to any VI at edit time, no matter if it's a newly created VI or not.

What is the purpose of this XControl you want to create? There might be way to achieve your goal other then creating a LabVIEW Development Environment by yourself... ;)

Controls can be added to any VI at edit time, no matter if it's a newly created VI or not.

What is the purpose of this XControl you want to create? There might be way to achieve your goal other then creating a LabVIEW Development Environment by yourself... ;)

To be honest, I am studying the Xcontrol technique of LabVIEW, and I found if we can create controls by code, then we could dynamically change the GUI, it just a try.

P.S I do not want to creating LabVIEW DE by myself, I just want to try the capbility when I saw the VI scripting functions. ;)