Can't find project idea

__Pat__

Hello all!

I'm a forth year computer engineering student. I'm currently taking an instrumentation lab, and I was assigned around 2 weeks to hand in an end of term project. I have to use the DAQ USB 6008 (I've gotten fully acquainted with it so that's now problem) The problem is I can't find any ideas! Most projects are either too advanced or too simple for me to do.

I know this probably has been asked around 100 times here, and sorry for asking for the 101th time, but do you have any idea on what would be a good two week project for someone of my level?

Hello all!

I'm a forth year computer engineering student. I'm currently taking an instrumentation lab, and I was assigned around 2 weeks to hand in an end of term project. I have to use the DAQ USB 6008 (I've gotten fully acquainted with it so that's now problem) The problem is I can't find any ideas! Most projects are either too advanced or too simple for me to do.

I know this probably has been asked around 100 times here, and sorry for asking for the 101th time, but do you have any idea on what would be a good two week project for someone of my level?

What about a "Ghost Busters" machine (temp, pressure, humidity, detect sudden changes etc)

Have you got a thermocouple and something that generates heat? You could put together a quick VI that keeps whatever at a particular temperature (turn on heater when thermocouple reads too low, turn it off when it reads too high). Add a graph, maybe control a fan too (it's on when the heater's off, it's off when the heater's on). For bonus points, add PID to tune the system.