MySQL connector & Labview

Hi all,

This is my first post. I am trying to access some functions that are part of the MySQL management functions such as mysqldump or and and also the ability to import a sql file to a database. Additionally, I need to be able to create a new database. As far as I can tell, you cannot perform these functions using the database connectivity toolkit. I am wondering if anyone has used the MySQL C++ / C connector to perform advanced database functions and if so how did you add them to a VI / or use the import dll function. Thanks for your help. Any examples would be amazing.

I am actually already using this with the labview database connectivity tool kit. Is there another way to use this other than with the toolkit to allow me to perform database management activities? As i stated before I need to be able to export/archive databases to files which can then be reimported at will. As far as I know the connector tools does not do this.

I am actually already using this with the labview database connectivity tool kit. Is there another way to use this other than with the toolkit to allow me to perform database management activities? As i stated before I need to be able to export/archive databases to files which can then be reimported at will. As far as I know the connector tools does not do this.

Well you can access the data and therefore export it to some other place but ODBC indeed is not meant as a management interface to a database. Each database implementation has very different ideas about how its data needs to be managed and that would be almost impossible to put in a generic API that fits all. So this is really mostly left out of ODBC (and ADO and DAO and JDBC and what else generic database APIs you have).

A database usually comes with it's own management application that is meant to be used for this task. For MySQL there are also PHP based management tools since MySQL is often used as backend for web servers. Trying to do real management of a MySQL database from within LabVIEW would require a specific VI library to access the MySQL management API. Certainly doable but not something that could be done in a weekend or so. And that is why it most likely hasn't been done by anyone so far.