suggestion required on indicators

hi,

i am using basic serial read write for communicating with my device and i created some numeric indicators for displaying the values. I want to write to a value from indicator to serial port but indicators can only display the result. How i can do both write and read things from indicators. Please some one help me.

hi,

i am using basic serial read write for communicating with my device and i created some numeric indicators for displaying the values. I want to write to a value from indicator to serial port but indicators can only display the result. How i can do both write and read things from indicators. Please some one help me.

Use a Local Variable in LabVIEW to write to an indicator. In general use Local Variables sparingly and only when absolutely necessary as they make the program difficult to maintain and may introduce race conditions. Excessive use of local and global variables is considered a bad programming practice.

Use a Local Variable in LabVIEW to write to an indicator. In general use Local Variables sparingly and only when absolutely necessary as they make the program difficult to maintain and may introduce race conditions. Excessive use of local and global variables is considered a bad programming practice.

I know how to create local variables but i am very new to labview and i don't know exactly how to make this operation. In my code i just have 8 numeric indicators under tabcontrol. first i will send command from write visa to port which will get a value and displayed in indicator but at the same time I want to provide user to enter his own value and sent it to port with respective command. Can any one give example for one of my indicator then i will come to know, how i can goahead. using lv8.5.

Thank you.

newvi.vi

Edited by sjukheter