Parsing HTML code in LabVIEW

Hi friends,

I am developing a VI to test webpages.The webpage is just like our LabVIEW front panel with LED indicators and button/slider controls. I have simulators to see the changes on the pages.

But what happens is, there is no the change in html Source Code. If it is not changing then how am I going to parse the page and get the results? rolleyes.gif

Or Am I looking at the wrong data? Isn't it source code? oops.gif

For instance:

post-16569-0-49709900-1299735351_thumb.j

For this case, the source code is :

primary.html

For this :

post-16569-0-56088700-1299735420_thumb.j

Source code:

standby.html

There is absolutely no difference between these two files..lightbulb.gif

And I have no idea about web page technologies.. Please help..!!!blink.gif

Thanks for your time..!!!worshippy.gif

Sharon

The top half of the files you posted contain functions that your web browser interprets to update the page based on values read from the server.

I don't think you will be able to use this method to check the status of the valves.

I went to the Rotork site and found a page that describes the Pakscan product listed in the AJAX code of your files.

http://www.rotork.com/en/product/index/pakscanethernetdemo

According to the documentation, the device supports modbus. You should be able to communicate with the Pakscan this way.

If you are trying to write an application to test / validate the Pakscan UI, I don't think your current method for retrieving the device data will work.

The top half of the files you posted contain functions that your web browser interprets to update the page based on values read from the server.

I don't think you will be able to use this method to check the status of the valves.

I went to the Rotork site and found a page that describes the Pakscan product listed in the AJAX code of your files.

http://www.rotork.co...canethernetdemo

According to the documentation, the device supports modbus. You should be able to communicate with the Pakscan this way.

If you are trying to write an application to test / validate the Pakscan UI, I don't think your current method for retrieving the device data will work.

Hi Phillip,

Yes you are right. But Is it possible to read AJAX strings in LabVIEW.? I am reading 'AJAX for the Absolute beginner' now aah.. wacko.gif.I think I need a lot of time to understand how things work..uff unsure.gif

I found some posts related to AJAX in LabVIEW - but not very useful.. oops.gif

Sharon

Edited by Sharon_