Selecting Fonts

I'm trying to create/access a dialog to allow the user to select which font they would like to use so that I can then change some front panel controls based on their selection.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Bruce

I'm trying to create/access a dialog to allow the user to select which font they would like to use so that I can then change some front panel controls based on their selection.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I assume you would want to display a selection box with all the possible fonts listed. And I have to inform you that despite very deep searching in the depths of LabVIEW's basement and attic, I have not found a way to get this information during runtime into an application. My detective work has been carried out 2 or so years ago, so there is a small change that 2009 or 2010 have some hidden possibility for this, but I somehow doubt it.

Thanks for your input. Yes, that's what I was thinking. Just using the Fonts folder filenames doesn't work. You need the actual font names. I would think that this functionality would be "built-in" to LabVIEW by now. I guess I could try looking into using .NET methods to do this (this is how I implement a print dialog), but not sure if this will be easy or not. I think the Report Generation Toolkit used to have a way to open a font dialog (Report_Font_wizard.vi), but this is disabled and when I try to enable it gives an error (Class is not licensed for use in Report_Font_wizard.vi->Set Report Font.vi->Untitled 1.).

Bruce

Edited by bmoyer

I was successful at implementing a .NET call. I've attached the VIs to do this. So that the dialog is associated with your GUI, there's inputs for the "Ref to GUI" and "Make This VIs Front Panel the Parent?".

Bruce

A well, .Net. Always a possibility but annoying to use. In my searchs I have found that LabVIEW 3.x and 4.x did export a C manager function that would have allowed to do that in a CIN and after 5.0 with a Call Library Node but alas, the LabVIEW Gods at that time decided that this was an unneccessary private API and they removed it.