ogrsc_compare_vi_to_disk-1.1-1 does not work for 8.2 or later

[cross-posted from OpenG]

HI,

I have copied this issue I raise on the OpenG forums a while ago now as it is a tool I use a lot and I have a proposed fix (maybe not the best one). I would really like to see if this could be progressed.

cheers

Dannyt

--------------------------------

Hi,

Under LabVIEW 7.0 I found the package ogrsc_compare_vi_to_disk-1.1-1 to be very useful, we used it a great deal to carry out peer reviews of our code.

Since recently upgrading to LabVIEW 8.2.1, I found this package no longer worked.

I have spent a bit of time playing with it and have now managed to fix it. I had to change the main VI compare_vi_to_disk__compare_vi_to_disk.vi

to be aware of application contexts. I do not know if my method is the best way to fix this problem, or if this work is already in progress, but it does work

and allows me to use this useful package again.

In case anybody else find this useful I have attached a labVIEW 8.2.1 copy of my fix below, it needs to replace the existing version in the

the compare_vi_to_disk.llb in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\project. I have only check it works for package version 1.1-1

compare_vi_to_disk__compare_vi_to_disk.vi

compare_vi_to_disk__compare_vi_to_disk_auto_run_off.vi

The second version is with the auto run at open disable, so less hassle to see the changes.

How does one go about requesting, the package to be updated or offering help to get packages update ?

• Like 1

You can track this bug here: ID: 3275738

...or if this work is already in progress...

Kudos for your optimism tongue.gif

How does one go about requesting, the package to be updated or offering help to get packages update ?

I have added your post to the bug tracker, its in the system now, which is better than before :)