Add an existing control to a cluster

mike5

Well, the last step for this round.

Now that I have a DVR control (in a typedef ctl file), how do I add this control to class private data.

I've done this (the first vi is from the class.ctl):

post-17162-0-08087100-1309940057.png

Now what? Controls[] cannot be changed to "write". There is no method to add a new control. Will I really be forced to create a "new VI object" (as in the example) and replace it with my own control?

Thanks again and best regards, Mike

post-17162-0-08087100-1309940057_thumb.p

Edited by mike5

Well, the last step for this round.

Now that I have a DVR control (in a typedef ctl file), how do I add this control to class private data.

I've done this (the first vi is from the class.ctl):

post-17162-0-08087100-1309940057.png

Now what? Controls[] cannot be changed to "write". There is no method to add a new control. Will I really be forced to create a "new VI object" (as in the example) and replace it with my own control?

Thanks again and best regards, Mike

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention. I'm trying to do all this in memory. Nothing is saved yet. Is this even possible. So far I've had zero progress.

Mike

You can call the Move method on the new control and specify the cluster as the owner. This will move the control into the cluster.

Do I have ti get the control onto the destination panel first? Or can I just take control from the original file (the typedef CTL file), and then move it into the "private data cluster", and it will just work?

I don't know if I'm making myself clear....

Br, Mike

I just wanted to add that I got it working in a way now - without the "move" by creating an "new VI object" and replacing it with my DVR. The only problem is, that I needed to save everything. No way to do it just i the memory.

Mike